corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Just wrote this letter to the league association - thoughts lol

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just wrote this letter to the league association - thoughts lol
stuartmitchell

User status: Offline
6th Apr 07 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dear Keith,

I hope you are well and excuse this direct approach - I got you email address off the League website. If you are the incorrect point of contact I would greatly appreciate it if you could kindly forward this to the relevant party. To introduce myself I play for Colinton Star in the fair play league and have been asked to write this letter on behalf of the team - specifically Michael Davis.

As you will probably be aware we (Colinton Star Afc) had a player sent off in last nights match (5th April) at the Gyle against Edinburgh Saints. The player repremanded was Michael Davis and as I understand it, he received 4 red cards in total for innapropriate language and subsequently faces a 22 match ban.

Now, Les did indicate before the game that swearing would not be tolerated whether it be towards another player or directly to him and we at Colinton Star fully appreciate the rules set out by the association. Furthermore as you will see from the fair play leage table we are a very clean team with an excellent disciplinary record. I would also like to add that Les did have a very good game and controlled the match well.

However, regarding the sending off, in this instance we do feel that a 22 match ban is extremely harsh. Michael was simply caught up in the heat of the moment in what was a very tight and physical game. I would aslo like to add that this incident is deeply regretted by the player and that he did offer sincere apologies to Les after the game for his conduct.

To make a comparison, cast your mind back to the the mid 90's and Dundee Utd football club, in particular a Mr Davie Bomwan. He too received 4 red cards in one match, his penalty was an 18 game ban. This was a player well in the public eye who should be setting an example at football stadiums all over the world. Colinton Star are an amateur side with lads who just want to play football with their friends so how the association can merit a 22 match ban is simply beyond what could be classed as"reasonable" in this regard.

Furthermore I know the issue of consistency comes up at each meeting and you are probably very tired of hearing about it. However on many occasions I have heard the referee's being sworn at and the player allowed to simply walk away or at the worst given a slap on the wrist. Perhaps Les is stricter than others and doing his job to a higher standard, however, it is unfortunate that Michael has bore the brunt of this.

I know from speaking personally with Michael that he is very disappointed in himself however please understand that the lad just wants to play football for Colinton Star. This ban would likely see him ruled out for the rest of this season and next season too. I know as a reasonable and professional association that the last thing you want to do is have young lads unable to kick a ball about with their mates on a Sunday afternoon or Thursday evening, and all this because of one incident which is deeply regretted by the player himself.

I am well aware that this is a fair play league so all we are asking for is a fair suspension for Michael. As players yourself, surely you can appreciate that sometimes tempers do flare in the heat of the moment - however this is a one off incident and both Michael and I assure you it will not happen again.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to consider this email and I look forward to your favourable reply.

Kindest Regards,

Stuart Mitchell (BA) on behalf of Colinton Star AFC
Rob_Quads

6th Apr 07 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got youR email address

Other than that sounds fair enough. 22 game ban is just silly.
Robbo

6th Apr 07 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u never said who les is
jr

6th Apr 07 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i thought rob
MarkM

6th Apr 07 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can someone get 4 red cards in one game??

Im lost
Robbo

6th Apr 07 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 for each swearing offence
MarkM

6th Apr 07 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
1 for each swearing offence

But once your sent off your sent off??

Also if he has been given 4 reds...for four seperate offences then I dont think the "it was in the heat of the moment" defence will wash...as this states it was a spur of the moment thing...4 seperate offences suggests it was over a period of time...

Rob_Quads

6th Apr 07 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you swear 4 times in a row within a few seconds they could still give you a red card for each swear word which is what I think has happened here.

'Normally' it would be seen as a single incident and would only get a single red but sounds like the Ref was one of those sticklers for the rules
MarkM

6th Apr 07 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus...if thats the case the ref has to show some common sense...

Unless he insulted the refs mother
chris-sri

6th Apr 07 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a bit harsh like. I can see why the ref sent him off but 4 reds is a bit overkill when premiership players sometimes break legs and et away with just the one
stuartmitchell

6th Apr 07 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Les is the referee. A player on our team - Michael Davis, was pulled up for a soft foul (really nothing in it at all). The ref then reaches into his book at which point:

" you are having a fucking laugh" 1 card
" Tou fucking retard" 2 cards"
" Fuck you" 3 Cards"
" Stuck the fingers up at him" 4th Card.

All this happened in the space of 7 seconds maybe!
Russ

7th Apr 07 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
Sorry Les is the referee. A player on our team - Michael Davis, was pulled up for a soft foul (really nothing in it at all). The ref then reaches into his book at which point:

" you are having a fucking laugh" 1 card
" Tou fucking retard" 2 cards"
" Fuck you" 3 Cards"
" Stuck the fingers up at him" 4th Card.

All this happened in the space of 7 seconds maybe!
lol
antscorsa

7th Apr 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pretty sure you cant give 4 red cards, its one and thts it, fuckin retard ref!!
get this every week, power crazy refs thinking were playing prem stadnard football!!!
Hammer

7th Apr 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
im pretty sure you cant give 4 red cards, its one and thts it, fuckin retard ref!!

Retard ref?

If the player continually offends after the initial red card he can recieve another and another indefinitely. It's happened several times in professional football.
Robbo

7th Apr 07 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
get this every week, power crazy refs thinking were playing prem stadnard football!!!
nope can u give as many as u like...
stuartmitchell

8th Apr 07 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they haven't replied yet lol however I've ben told by my gaffer to go to a meeting tomorrow :/
Hammer

8th Apr 07 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You the el capitano Stuart?
stuartmitchell

8th Apr 07 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am now that the captain is facing a 22 match ban
Robbo

8th Apr 07 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAO
MarkM

8th Apr 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A player for my cousins side got a straight red for telling the Ref to fuck off yesterday...

Then...and this is the best bit...another one of his team punches a member of the opposition (albeit a half punch) and only receives a yellow...

ha

[Edited on 08-04-2007 by MarkM]
stuartmitchell

9th Apr 07 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

total joke eh?? No consistency at all. I told the ref yesterday he bought his license off Ebay and that he was talking shite. Never even got a talking to lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Just wrote this letter to the league association - thoughts lol 24 database queries in 0.0137110 seconds