corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Cheap (very cheap) Vectra...

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheap (very cheap) Vectra...
cavmad

User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1996 `N` plate Vectra 1.8GLSi 16V (Ecotech) hatchback. Metallic red (sort of ruby colour, very nice too). 133k approximately (will find out exact mileage and post up on here). Electric f/windows, power steering, towbar and single electrics (so probably hasn`t been lugging some 20ft caravan behind it!) etc. Bodywork is very tidy for the year, o/s/r arch inner lip is a bit wanky but could be sorted easily enough and isn`t especially noticeable as it`s the inner lip. Couple of scratches as you`d expect but I`m sure the worse would polish out without too much effort, aside from that body/paint above average for the year.
Fires up first turn and ticks over ok. Out of MOT and tax and from what I can see it`ll definately want an exhaust section (blowing quite loud) and two, maybe three tyres (*probably have some good tyres for it somewhere which can be negotiated into a deal), aside from that there`s nowt obvious. An engine service probably wouldn`t go amiss as I don`t know when it was last done (no history). Also noticed the radio doesn`t work and as such that part of the pixel display is not showing anything though the mileage display is fine. N/s electric window switch by the passenger seat is missing, could get one if needed, driver`s door miror is broken BUT I have a manual spare on here that I could fit, casing is a different colour but a fiver at Halfords will sort that out.
I think for the price you`ll not get much better, it does want some jobs doing (see above) but starts and runs and the gearbox and clutch seem fine to me too. Interior is currently minging, that will be sorted before selling (i.e I`ll pay my lad to do it!) but note it`s just crumbs and crisp packets etc.
Oh, I`ll also throw in a decent radio cassette, guaranteed working but not fitted as I`m crap with electrics.
Taken in part-ex, no room or time to do anything with it. Any inspection welcome, kettle will be on for when you arrive.
Car is near Chester, Cheshire, close to M53/M56/A55 and M6. Can deliver, send me your postcode by pm and I`ll get a quote.
Pictures here soon.

£275.
cavmad

7th Apr 07 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

abdus

7th Apr 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where's the 'gangsta translation'?
cavmad

7th Apr 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I`ll save that for the Mondeo if it goes on the bay mate, glad you remembered it
abdus

7th Apr 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

royvious

8th Apr 07 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats cheep motoring!
cavmad

8th Apr 07 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers royvious!
cavmad

8th Apr 07 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tyres now sorted: one almost new fitted to the car, two other excellent ones in the boot ready to fit. Given it another once over and it`s absolutely gleaming now, really must be seen!
pdwhelan

8th Apr 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have this off you for a run around if my insurance wasnt so gay.. would cost 1500 to insure, 21 driving 2 years nearly and 1 claim agaist me back in 2005 because i shunted another car at 7mph!! grrr

Good luck with sale
cavmad

8th Apr 07 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, had a bit of interest in it but no sign of any lovely wonga
valverguy

8th Apr 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live on the wirral matey. i know a lad who is after a cheap run about.; ill give you a pm when i speak to him later on. Assume u still have the car?
cavmad

8th Apr 07 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate, car is still here and destined for eBay. Live very close to the Wirral so if he wants to view it please U2U me and I`ll pass my phone number on. Thanks,
cavmad

11th Apr 07 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump. Might put it on eBay to see if I can attract some more lose cannons. Is there anyone sane left on there now?

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Cheap (very cheap) Vectra... 25 database queries in 0.0124111 seconds