corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » I received a card through my door

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I received a card through my door
Colin

User status: Offline
13th Apr 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from "LEEDS CONSULTANCY SERVICES" saying they are going to visit me next Monday between 8am & 6pm

This stems from a total fuckup on Scottish powers behalf, basically when I moved into my house I needed to sign u-p to a gas/electric provider, by chance a Scottish power guy was doing door to door & I got him in & signed up (BIG MISTAKE!!) I started getting bills through & at first didnt read too much into them, then I realised they were charging my from 8 months before I recieved ownership. I phoned up to find out what was going on & it turned out I was being charged the last owners dept ontop of my own bill (he had the house reposessed & left a trail of debt) & taking it out my account Phoned Scottish Power & was told sorry, computer error it will be sorted. About a week later I recieved another bill but only without my name on it, well......half my name & half his. Scottish power made a person up. Months went on & I had more problems with Scottish Power (c@nts!!) I wont go into that cos its not really anything to do with this I dont think, the jist of it is they changed my type of package I was on (that id signed up for in person) to a different one that cost me loads more & altered the way I paid from DD to pay at the post office!! Illegal I think if id signed a contract for them to change it?? Anyway after 20odd phone calls in the space of 15months I washed my hands with them, phoned up asked for the manager, told him I wanted a final bill & they had lost my business through their incompetence. Went on Uswitch, found a good deal & been happily paying much less with Zero hassle ever since!!

Well except for the letters I got from Leeds Consultancy Services saying I (Well not me the guy Scottish Power made up) owe their client Scottish Power money, cant remember the figure tbh I wasnt bothered I phoned them & told them the story & I wasnt the person owing money & good luck finding him because he doesnt exist!! They sent another letter (obviously listened to me when I phoned up ) saying much the same as the 1st one, I quickly binned it. That was before Xmas........now theve sent a card via TNT saying their comming on Monday. Very good eh!!

Sorry for the essay, its a bit long winded & confusing.

Any idea what I should do?? They obviously dont listen to me when I phone, it keeps coming back to the surface. Should I keep ignoring them or should I answer the door when they come (if im in) Wave my passport at them, & tell them to fuck off???

PS. Never take out ANYTHING with Scottish Power........complete dog shite usless bastards!!
K17STY

13th Apr 07 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any letters you get do not open return them as adressee unknown or gone away. Phone them and tell them you dont know who the person is. When the come say you dont know who he is and show them your id.

Nothing they can do as it isnt your name.
Colin

13th Apr 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been told to ignore them unless I receive a court summons, then goto court & waggle my willeh at them.
K17STY

13th Apr 07 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt ignore.

Everything you get return. When they get so many returns they have to act at their end and will probably run a trace on that person. once they cant find them they will write the debt off as uneco to pursue.

Ignoring them looks like its you trying to hide something. Dont open anything and give it back to the post man.
Colin

13th Apr 07 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant return b'cos they send stuff via TNT.
Welsh Dan

13th Apr 07 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I cant return b'cos they send stuff via TNT.

Can you refuse to sign for it? Now you know its coming via TNT, refuse to sign for it.
Colin

13th Apr 07 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt need to sign it was in my door, says TNT post. Postage paid!!

Ive wrote 'not at this address' on the card, i'll stick it hanging out the letter box on Monday as I'll be out most the day anyway!!
mav

16th Apr 07 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get me started on scottish power

oh and more than likely your address will have a bad credit rating due to this too Colin
eddiewhiteley

16th Apr 07 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got loads of hassle like this when i bought my house as it had been rented out for ages before we got it,for about the 1st year we were constantly gettin letters for all sorts of things ,bailiffs etc,rang a few up to explain then just started writing "no longer at this address/return to sender" on and kept posting them back,they soon stopped. i had the tv licensing people round and she said "mr sherveer khan?" when i opened the door, i felt like slapping her

i was concerend about the address thing but not had any problems since weve lived here,3 years now.
Fee

16th Apr 07 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who are you with now Colin?
We're with Scottish Power but they really bug me!
Wouldn't mind changing....is it easy?
Colin

16th Apr 07 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got an Equifax credit report & it didnt say anything untoward on it, so not sure if credit rating is affected. Although I got refused a small loan (couple grand) a while back so that might be why

Fee, Scottish Power are usless!! Im close to getting a lawyer involved in this due to their fuckups!!

Changing supplier is easy, go onto uswitch website, fill in a few details & they find you the best deal, sign up to it & you'll get a final bill sent from Scottish Power & a letter from new supplier telling you when they will start to supply you - worthwhile taking a gas/elec reading on the changeover just incase theres any confusion with your bills!! Its as easy as that though.........usually takes a month or so for everything to change!!
Colin

16th Apr 07 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.uswitch.com/Index.aspx?ref=ppcgoogle~gen~uswitch

New Poll