corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test Drove the Corsa VXR myself :)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Test Drove the Corsa VXR myself :)
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 07 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by grimr3ap3r
the brake discs are no were near big enough and needs better pads ... your left shredding your tires everytime u pull off round a track.
The brake discs are more than large enough, they're also compromised by the fact that this is a road car so they can't be too expensive to replace. Service parts like that are effectively part of the running costs of the car. The pads are road pads which work straight away. Racing pads again would increase cost and there would be more people crashing when they braked the first time on a cold morning and nothing happened as the pads were not warmed. Not everyone is a racing driver and you can't sell racing bits to the general public.

The upgrade as I am aware is available for those people who want to add this as an aftermarket part, but I would imagine that you are talked through the exact ramifications of pad compound, as it would appear you do not currently understand.

Shredding the tyres I would have thought is a function of having lots of power in a front wheel drive car, the solution of which is either don't put the power down too early out of a corner or fit a limited slip diff. The former is what most people will choose as the latter makes the car difficult to manoeuvre at low speed, is expensive and will fail earlier than a normal diff. Again, if you want one it can be fitted but this is a road car.

Focus RS has one and was criticised by the motoring press for exhibiting some of the characteristics which you would quite normally expect to see. I would guess that Vauxhall have made the decision not to do that. Also of course a different tyre choice would help. Again; cost, longevity and all round performance must be considered. Slicks would sort it, but you snap a shaft and crash when it rains. That car wouldn't be insurable on the open market.

ps. drive one.
ClaireF

23rd Apr 07 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want the astra vxr there wellllll nice
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Apr 07 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
ps. drive one.

out of interest, have you? i assume you have due to some of the points you are making, what was your opinion of it?
Joe

23rd Apr 07 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
ps. drive one.

out of interest, have you? i assume you have due to some of the points you are making, what was your opinion of it?

For what Ian said, I don't think a drive of it would have been necessary to make the points.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Apr 07 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv noted comments such as good car etc in other thread, saying its a good car is no better or worse than me saying its not a very good car, if we both havent driven one

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test Drove the Corsa VXR myself :) 23 database queries in 0.0107949 seconds