corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Excel- counting the amount of cells have a certain word?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Excel- counting the amount of cells have a certain word?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st May 07 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a list of colours:

red
blue
black
white

etc.

Is it possible to use a formular in excel to work out how many of each I have?

essentially my spreadsheet has a liust of peoploe showing on the stand, each row has a number plate and a colour, I want to sum up the colours.
Dom

User status: Offline
1st May 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at ollies thread about excel, can use =countif(range, "colour"). But you would need an if statement for each colour.

However, you could use a macro (visual basic) to go through each cell, detect what the colours are and then count them....would be a lot of ballache though

New Poll