corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » BT internet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BT internet
jazzer2k3

User status: Offline
5th May 07 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick rant.

My mate currently works there he told me about the price of "Option 3" had come down from 26.99 to 24.99 ... Not a great deal i know, but recently the internet has been really slow - Past 2-3 weeks.

Jus did a speed test to find out im gettin less than 1mb Did the test more than once too ... Same results - And no virus' or spyware ..

Im paying for 8mb broadband and gettin 1mb

//rant over

[Edited on 05-05-2007 by jazzer2k3]
Nismo

5th May 07 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe your line cannot sync at 8Mb due to poor quality / stats.

Check out the line stats on your router. Call up BT and get them to reset your BRAS profile and see if you see any improvement then. Also remove any extension cables, swap filters over and make sure your router is connected to teh master socket.
drax

5th May 07 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jazzer2k3
Just a quick rant.

My mate currently works there he told me about the price of "Option 3" had come down from 26.99 to 24.99 ... Not a great deal i know, but recently the internet has been really slow - Past 2-3 weeks.

Jus did a speed test to find out im gettin less than 1mb Did the test more than once too ... Same results - And no virus' or spyware ..

Im paying for 8mb broadband and gettin 1mb

//rant over

[Edited on 05-05-2007 by jazzer2k3]

Been having the same problem this last week, had to do some random stuff to my router to get it to connect properly
_Allan_

5th May 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a letter off BT saying my Option 4 is now Option 3 and is being reduced to £24.99 a month. Although I don't get none of the home hub shite. Nothing else changes other than name. I have a decent router setup already and welcome the fiver off a month

[Edited on 05-05-2007 by _Allan_]
jazzer2k3

5th May 07 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Maybe your line cannot sync at 8Mb due to poor quality / stats.

Check out the line stats on your router. Call up BT and get them to reset your BRAS profile and see if you see any improvement then. Also remove any extension cables, swap filters over and make sure your router is connected to teh master socket.

Thing is, prior to this it has been running at 8mb ... There was a "Broadband speed test" post on here abit back and wen i posted mine then, it was 8mb =\

New Poll