corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Turning over but no spark?!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Turning over but no spark?!?
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   6th May 07 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As title; engine is turning over so Starter motor and battery are fine; but theres no spark.

I have plenty of fuel and its coming through, but have just checked the plugs and they're not sparking!

I've doused everything in WD-40 but still not had any luck - does anyone have any ideas?
joey736

6th May 07 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine?
my 1.2 8v is doing exactly the same and its pissing me off now
try a paperclip test.
RichR
Premium Member

6th May 07 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 8V
pow
Premium Member

6th May 07 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leads or dizzy cap (if it has one :boggle?
RichR
Premium Member

6th May 07 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've hadd the DIzzy cap off and the rotor arm etc look fine,

HT Leads don't seem to have a problem either but how would I check them?
joey736

6th May 07 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fit new ones, its the only way. alternatively borrow sum1 elses
RichR
Premium Member

8th May 07 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turned out to be the conenctor block which connects into the bottom of the distributor cap. AA came out and he traced eveything back along the electrical components until the signal came strong; basically he said it was "dry" and took it off a few times to clean up the connections; sprayed it with a cleaning spray to help get a connection started and the car ran fine.

Putting this up as I know a few people have had a similar issue and tbh I was one step off ordering new HT Leads etc; which would have been wasted cash!
Vaux Lad

8th May 07 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its 9 times out of 10 the hall sensor playing up on dizzy spi's(its the ecu's only way of seeing engine rotation, so if it plays up you get no spark etc)

New Poll