corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » buyer pulled out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author buyer pulled out
C2RL R

User status: Offline
   5th May 07 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted. was probably 2 weeks away from completion and the guy who was buyin my house pulled out. Apparently his wife came into some money so now they're after a new build. Got to get it back on the market on tuesday and go through all this shit again. i'm not happy.
Ally

5th May 07 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit happens, do you loose money if they pull out?
C2RL R

6th May 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure. I think it will just be the solicitors fees.
p20ele

9th May 07 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If u were only 2 weeks away from completion then isn't there somethin u can do from a legal side of things?

I was kinda in the same situation before I bought my house - I was buyin it off my dad after my mum passed away an he kept threatenin to pull out (Just cuz he's a bit of an arse), I spoke to my solicitor an she said that if he pulled out then I could sue him for breaking the contract.....Might be different in England tho
Ally

10th May 07 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can pull out right up untill you sign as you don't enter a contract when you are in the process of buying the house, you make an offer then the contracts are signed and it is all final
C2RL R

10th May 07 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah Ally is right. solicitor said there is nothing i can do. feel like breaking the guys legs at times coz he screwed me over. Its back on the market now as property of the week so hopefully it will be gone soon.
Tim
Site Administrator

10th May 07 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's different in Scotland -- an offer is legally binding etc (but you don't normally make a formal offer until you've had a valuation etc).

So you hadn't exchanged contracts yet? Bummer

I'm in the middle of buying a flat and I'm more worried the seller's going to pull out -- he's in such a hurry and blaming us for any hold-ups (even though his solicitors is as much to blame)

[Edited on 10-05-2007 by Tim]
topshot_2k
Banned

10th May 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
It's different in Scotland -- an offer is legally binding etc (but you don't normally make a formal offer until you've had a valuation etc).

So you hadn't exchanged contracts yet? Bummer

I'm in the middle of buying a flat and I'm more worried the seller's going to pull out -- he's in such a hurry and blaming us for any hold-ups (even though his solicitors is as much to blame)

[Edited on 10-05-2007 by Tim]

the seller i had was like this, i ended up telling him to cancel the lot then, never got hurried up again

New Poll