corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » S reg 1.6 Sport guaging interest (55k)

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author S reg 1.6 Sport guaging interest (55k)
Will_Sport

User status: Offline
20th May 07 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about moving on to a new motor this summer (owned a corsa for 3 years now and fancy a change).

Spec:
S reg 1998
1.6 with 55k on clock
MOT Dec
Tax Sept (i think, might be oct?)
Flame red

I've owned it for a year, woman who had it before me had it for about 5 years, think i'm the 3rd owner if memory serves me right.

Had it serviced with last MOT and it sailed through, the last owner told me it had been fully serviced but she had lost the book (or left it at garage) but she gave me the number of a garage who had been servicing it to confirm that it had been well serviced.

Runs very nicely, smooth power delivery (loads more torque than the 1.4 which i was quite suprised by as I had a 1.4 sport before this for two years)
I've measure it at 38mpg as well, which was more than i got from my 1.4 (maybe due to the 1.4 needing some more revs to get it going?)

Mods:
Magnex oval back box
15" Tigra alloys in metallic black with good front tyres, back might want replacing within next 12 months though.... although still plenty of tread
G-max shocks and springs -40mm with poly bushes on the top mounts
Lightly drilled airbox with piperX panel filter
Sony MP3 player, infinity 13cm in front, sony 13cm in rear, kenwood 600w amp with 2x infinity 6.5" woofers in boxes i made in the boot (although these can be taken out)
Sound proofed the doors with ivanhoe sound deadening
Few other bits and bobs, like sprayed panels, blue LED's etc.

Bad points:
Cat is a bit noisey (tinny, bee like sound).... maybe cos last driver didn't do too many miles and kept it in a garage for about 2 months without use before getting round to selling it? Although its only at certain revs under heavy load and when cold, other than that its not a problem (my last corsa was like this as well)

Couple of trolley dents, nothing serious though and a couple of rust patches on the boot (nothing too bad, paint hasn't fallen off or anything).

all i can think of really, last owner had it well maintained, although didn't pay much attention to body work, although i've got best part of 200 squids worth of meguiars stuff which i've put too use so its very well waxed up and clean now, only t-cut it once as it was a bit faded when i got it, although its a nice deep red now, better than most red cars of this age i must admit

pic from june 06 when i got it....... has been lowered, cleaned up and got a honeycombe grill on since then
Will_Sport

20th May 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know what its worth, looking on autotrader i'd say about £3000 lol!

Realistically..... £1700?
Karlos

20th May 07 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got any more pics? pics of rust and dents etc including other around the car
Dean B

20th May 07 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good price mate
Will_Sport

20th May 07 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll get some pics over the next week

as for the dents..... i doubt they'll even show on my camera they're that small.

car won't be ready for sale for a couple of weeks as i'm revising for uni exams and will need it to get to sheffield and back

which is about all the car has done since i've had it, 34 mile trip from sheffield to home couple of times a week, and the 13 mile trip a day when i used to work last summer, and that was all A1, so its not had any crappy stop start mileage or 1 mile trips that aren't particularly good for it.
Will_Sport

21st May 07 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the small dents in it won't show up on my camera (despite being 6 mega pixel)

more pics to follow later this week though. As a comparison, i'd say that it was better than average compared to corsas this age, and the rust hasn't really moved since i've owned it for a year, its common on corsas to have a bit on the boot for some reason, but i don't think there is any on the rest of the body (apart from a very small spec on the bonnet)

am looking for a 200sx at the moment, hopefully looking at one in the next few days so might be properly up for sale soon!

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » S reg 1.6 Sport guaging interest (55k) 25 database queries in 0.0131149 seconds