corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Headlight beam alignment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Headlight beam alignment
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th May 07 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went out to change the side light bulb that had gone on my car today. It turned out to be a badger to do due to everything been in the way (PAS resovior etc) so i took the headlight out to do it. Now i have put it back in and the beam looks a bit wonky

is it maybe just clipped in wrong or do you have to get the beam lined up or something if so how

cheers Gav

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Schlumpfy

26th May 07 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You probably pulled the alignment out of focus when you pulled the plugs off the back, to re-align it properly you'll need a alignment tester maybe ask a garage to do it for you?
Or park the car up to a plain wall at night, put your dip beam on and make sure you set the level to 0.
You'll see a pattern that goes like this:
\____
On the headlight you took out you'll have to adjust it to match the other headlights pattern. This is on the assumption that the other headlights pattern is correct.
To adjust there is a hole in the crossmember above the headlight. If you look into it you'll see a phillips screw, i forget which way it is but turn it and you'll see the pattern go either up or down.
If the pattern seems really weird then check the headlight clip at the back, if it's not clipped in the headlight will be loose and hanging down.
Hope that helps :s
gavin18787
Premium Member

26th May 07 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer i get ya

Was having a read through the haynes manuel and it says simular.

Thanks alot

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
ad-sport

26th May 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im always arsin about wi the bulbs in mine n i set them against the wall! using the white wheel bit on the back off the adjuster motor thing! just be sure the lamp unit is in the clip at the bottom as youl not get enough adjustment and itl wobble when drivin

New Poll