corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool fans worst in Europe

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool fans worst in Europe
Nath

User status: Offline
4th Jun 07 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A new poll is needed.
topshot_2k
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i disagree tbh. for obvious reasons.
Jamie Walby

4th Jun 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New poll.
Cosmo

4th Jun 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
i disagree tbh. for obvious reasons.

yes, your a stupid cunt
Hammer

4th Jun 07 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

4th Jun 07 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poll has been made.
Danny P

4th Jun 07 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:

"You must ask yourself why at the same match, with the same conditions, there was no trouble with the Milan fans - only the Liverpool fans."

Got a point there though.

You can say what you want about UEFA holding the game at a sub-standard venue, or there not being enough Police etc etc etc, simple fact is that if only people who had tickets had have travelled to the game, then there would have been no trouble at all.

Milan didnt even take up all their allocation of tickets, so there werent over 40-50,000 Milan fans there! Hence why they didnt have any trouble. We had about 25k (atleast) with genuine tickets which were all going through OUR area and through OUR gates (where the trouble was), they had less than 17k going through theres.

Any why shouldnt fans travel to Athens without tickets? Just being around the area would of been an amazing time, I have seen nothing like Istanbul/Athens the few nights before and the night of the game...amazing atmosphere.

The question is why did so many fans without tickets or with fake ones get past 4 ticket checks before they were outside the ground and able to try to get in....and why did the police just move away from the agtes and let EVERYONE in?

I never said it was wrong that people went without tickets If we'd have been there and I didn't have a ticket then i'd still have gone regardless.

All im saying that without all the extra people there, then there wouldn't have been any trouble.

Being in't town centre a night before, and trying to jib into the ground using fake tickets/or no tickets at all, are 2 different things.
Cosmo

4th Jun 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I never said it was wrong that people went without tickets If we'd have been there and I didn't have a ticket then i'd still have gone regardless.

All im saying that without all the extra people there, then there wouldn't have been any trouble.

Being in't town centre a night before, and trying to jib into the ground using fake tickets/or no tickets at all, are 2 different things.

Without being there Im not sure if you'd understand but....

Around the ground they put on events in areas called 'Fan Zones'. Here you could get food, drink and a match day programme (£5), aswell as take in the atmosphere of 1000s of Liverpool fans who were there, aswell as take a look at the ground, etc. So many many many people had gone there without tickets to take in this atmosphere and no doubt go to one of the MANY bars just down the road to watch the game.

You were not meant to be able to get from the 'Fan Zone' to the ground without having your ticket checked (about 1/2 mile maybe). Yet people were getting passed the first few checks with both fake tickets (as they werent checking them properly for genuines) or just flashing something at them (have heard people used cig packets and all sorts!). I serious doubt any of these fans thought they'd get into the ground, as no one was to know what a shambles it would be in the final checks.

At those checks you were meant to have the tickets checked to see if they were real, and at first this worked. But eventually as the crowds got bigger and bigger due to the police searches backing it all up they just opened the final gates up and let EVERYONE through without checking if they had a ticket or anything!

Now Im not saying the people who went in without tickets were right to do so, they certainly werent. They shouldnt of done so and are to blame for some of this mess without a doubt.

BUT UEFA knew that there would be 1000s going without tickets and they knew fakes were about...yet they seemingly took no extra steps to prevent these scenes from happening and thats partly due to their decision to host it at an unfit stadium.
Danny P

4th Jun 07 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
[They shouldnt of done so and are to blame for some of this mess without a doubt.

Finally you admit.

Yes, UEFA should have know what was going to happen, and yes, the Police should have made better checks, and no, they should have just let veryone past, but, without all the people trying to get in in the first place, then there would have been no problems at all. IE - Milan fans.
Cosmo

4th Jun 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
[They shouldnt of done so and are to blame for some of this mess without a doubt.

Finally you admit.

Yes, UEFA should have know what was going to happen, and yes, the Police should have made better checks, and no, they should have just let veryone past, but, without all the people trying to get in in the first place, then there would have been no problems at all. IE - Milan fans.

from my very first post in this thread....

'Granted I'll admit there will of been a few knobs there who might of caused some trouble when trying to get in, and maybe a little afterwards'

And yes there would of been problems. The milan side had no problems due to a smaller amount of fans trying to get though. When I queued up very early on it took over half an hour just to get past the LAST checkpoint. Now later on when the majority of fans came to the stadium (irregardless of fake or no ticket holders) the numbers caused a massive back log and this is what caused the gates to be opened and everyone let in....thats when the fake ticket holders got in...not before.
MarkM

4th Jun 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The italians throw scooters from the top tiers of stands onto away supports...the turks stab Leeds fans...the Ultras cause fucking murder everywhere...

Just another example of UEFA jumping on the supposed English hooligan stereotype...

[Edited on 04-06-2007 by MarkM]
Cosmo

4th Jun 07 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good article in the ECHO for those who may wish to read!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool fans worst in Europe 24 database queries in 0.0140789 seconds