corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Your thoughts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Your thoughts
Mertin

User status: Offline
6th Jun 07 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been thinking about selling my car for a while now, had it a year and fancy a change and something slightly faster. I always wanted to put a bigger engine into the corsa, but I need my car for getting to college everyday and home at weekends.

Would want to put in a 1.4 8v 80bhp MPI engine out an SRi, but theres hardly any about.

So do I sell it as it is and get something different? Or keep it and look out for a new engine or keep it and leave it as it is?
JM_16v

6th Jun 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 8v out of a nova gsi
Ben G

6th Jun 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need pics
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

6th Jun 07 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get somwething different, when it comes to engine conversions its only worth gonig to 1.6 or 2.0ltr imo
deano87

6th Jun 07 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ermmm what car do you have at the moment?

Replacing the engine with a 1.4 8v unit would be pretty pointless, from wha I've read on here etc. The only real Corsa to Corsa transplant (if that is what you have!?) worth doing is replacing with a 1.6 unit.

Depending on the age, condition, mods already done to your car, I'd say get a new car
Mertin

6th Jun 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

andy1868

6th Jun 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine do you have now? and is it really worth the hassle of putting in an 80bhp engine when more powerful ones are about etc?

in my opinion, you're better buying either an SRi or something faster if you want it. the SRi's also come with better specs than lower end corsas
a_j_mair

6th Jun 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sell it and buy a 1.4 or something different will be more reliable, less haslle and easier to insure
Mertin

6th Jun 07 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine is a 1.2 8v with 70k on the clock

Bits done to the car since iv had it :

Post 97 bumpers
gsi spoiler
gsi interior
gsi steering wheel
smoked lights
sport mirrors
sport clocks

Thats the main bits I think
Mertin

6th Jun 07 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mertin

6th Jun 07 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car iv been looking at getting is a starlet sr, still nippy and cheap to insure
deano87

6th Jun 07 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks in mint condition.

If you can get it done over a weekend, and fancy something different, bit of a project etc, get a transplant. Corsa to Corsa engine will make it slightly easier for time etc imho.

If you can't be arsed with potential reliability issues and the time frame, and cost of 'not getting much extra' I'd return yours to as standard as you can, then buy a Sport. Anything you buy will be quicker than your 1.2 8v, but a 1.6 is the one to go for.
Mertin

6th Jun 07 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im only 18 so insurance is still kinda high. I like the car just now cause in owning it a year its needed rear brake shoes, a track rod end for its mot and thats it. Never let me down at all and I do 300 miles a week and alot of city driving

Dont want to put in a different engine and be riddled with problems!

I have two weeks off college in the summer and thats the only real time off I hvae. Go offshore next february though so I will be on a much better wage

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Your thoughts 23 database queries in 0.0141690 seconds