corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone frequent the auctions?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone frequent the auctions?
Colin

User status: Offline
13th Jun 07 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Namely ex-fleet sales??

Im looking for a 3-5yr old diesel car & have been looking on Autotrader only to find mostly everything I like has high miles & asking top money (possibly ex-fleet cars bought at auction)!!

The sort of cars im looking at are mainly:

VW Golf 1.9 GT tdi
Audi A3 1.9 tdi sport

Also possibly:

BMW 320 Ci
BMW 525/530 tdi Sport

What do you think my chances are of finding one of these in good nick, beating the trade at the haggle & getting it for a good price??

Can you just turn up at a local auction or do you need to join up or anything??

[Edited on 13-06-2007 by Colin]
deanmcreynolds26

13th Jun 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just turn up colin, been to one in glasgow, intercity i think it was.. loadsa good bargains.. would say go to a few and c what bargains u could get 1st and take a parkers guide etc.. maybe a mechanic to have a look at the car...

dont scratch your head, it counts as a bid sometimes
Colin

13th Jun 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
just turn up colin, been to one in glasgow, intercity i think it was.. loadsa good bargains.. would say go to a few and c what bargains u could get 1st and take a parkers guide etc.. maybe a mechanic to have a look at the car...

Anything like what I mentioned go through the one you went to?? I'll need to get along to one & 'watch'

quote:
dont scratch your head, it counts as a bid sometimes

I'll keep that in mind, or might end up with 5 cars
aim1

13th Jun 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do go to and have bought from BCA car auctions. If you've got time and patience then you should be able to find one of those you've listed although a lot of the ex fleet I see are things like astras/focus'. Out of the first two, i'd say the best chance would be the golf gt tdis and although they are about, if you're picky about 3 or 5 doors and which variant i.e 110, 130, 150, then buying one harder. Quite often plenty of beemers there too, but you might have to settle for a 323/330 if no 320's come up
aim1

13th Jun 07 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
take a parkers guide etc..

But don't rely on it too much as the figures are probably well off. Most use a glass' guide or the like (only available to motor traders). As long as you don't get carried away you should be fine.
mav

13th Jun 07 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can just turn up to auctions and bid away
wilson_sri

13th Jun 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im there regulary with my work mate. Usually for vans though but i still no how it goes!

Pretty good chances of finding one of those cars in good nick, not sure if you would at inercity autcions though. Probably be a venture down south to manchester auctions. But would be worth the effort in pennys saved.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone frequent the auctions? 23 database queries in 0.1022131 seconds