corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brake problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake problems
ainsley_brader

User status: Offline
24th Feb 03 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First apologies as this is a VW not a Vauxhall but I know theres a lot of knowledgeable people on here.

The brake set up is solid discs front drums rear with a rear compensator and servo assistance.

Just before christmas the brake pedal was at the bottom and needed pumping up as if there was air in the fluid.

Rear cylinders were leaking so replaced with new shoes as well and bled up everything fine.

Just after christmas pedal goes spongy again bleed the brakes up and it was fine for three weeks.

Now with the engine switched off the pedal is solid start it up and rev it and then the pedal goes to the floor and needs pumping up to get a good pedal.

So I replaced the master cylinder (new one) still the same.
Replaced the servo (sh one bastard to fit) still the same.

Gave up

Went back to it this morning and clamped off both front flexi hoses start it up pedal solid undo n/s clamp and rev it goes a lil spongy undo o/s clamp and the pedal goes to the floor.

Now neither calliper is leaking but i thought i'll try a secondhand calliper on it.

Well it was a bit better but its still not right. Again clamp off the front hoses and its fine. Take either one off and it goes a little bit spongy but not to the floor now.

The sliders are free, the piston on the one i took off is not pitted at all looked fine. Discs have no serious wear on them and pads were replaced when i did the master cylinder so i know it will be a little bit spongy but not like this lol.

I have bled each wheel in turn using an easi bleed allowing a pint of fluid through each one there is definitely no air in it. I have even tried it afterwards by the conventional two man method no difference.

Any ideas as this is really starting to annoy me and I dont fancy trying two new callipers.

BTW front hoses dont feel blebbed at all and when clamping the callipers off i have gone as close to the calliper as possible on the rubber hose.

The system has no obvious leaks.

Ainsley
morty

24th Feb 03 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked the brake lines for any leaks. you may have a break in one of them?
Kris TD

24th Feb 03 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa it doin this a little, sometimes i can get the brake pedal onto the floor with no brake pressure,
ainsley_brader

24th Feb 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No leaks

This goes straight to the floor every time with the engine running.

New Poll