corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » re-trimming

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author re-trimming
lil_g

User status: Offline
27th Jun 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was going to re-trim my rear seats and door cards in faux leather/ alcantra (or howevrer its spelt :lol
What is the best way to get it to stay/stick on to the base though?
Staple gun, glue?
any help would be appreciated
pdwhelan

27th Jun 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would use glue for the door cards, and i reckon staple gun for the seats,
lil_g

27th Jun 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers
xtremewheels

28th Jun 07 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe 'Dry' glue is much needed for things such as the door cards. Fabric must have some give in it so you can fit into all the little bits around the seats etc.

Dry glue is mainly used on door cards since they are 'hard' based compared to seats.

I've tried door cards before and dry glue works a treat with alittle time and effort, case of trial and error.

As for seats thats a different matter, if you look at non-leather bucket seats for an example it's the normally pinned into the underside of the seat to hold it in place however to follow different things such as arm rest i may be wrong but i would believe a form of dry clue or stictching is needed to follow the curves within the seats.

Woudln't mind more info myself as i would like to do my rear seats to be similar to that of my fronts

Hope that helps.
Ricky352

28th Jun 07 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used spray material glue for my doors and it worked well. Only bout 4 or 5 quid for a tin which wud do you. Dont know about the seats though

New Poll