corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » are a book figure bhp toned down on corsa -c

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author are a book figure bhp toned down on corsa -c
corsa-sxi

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 07 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as a member of ccuk for a while i have read a post about a regal rolling road day, a lot of figures suprised me...

inc a 1.2 sxi that made 91.5 bhp (nrly 17 over standard) with just a magnex cat - back and a dblias flowmaster induction kit along with V-power)

is it possible?

thread with results

http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=88525

[Edited on 03-07-2007 by corsa-sxi]
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jul 07 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regal's rollers over read.

Vauxhall book figures are pretty damn accurate.
Baskey

3rd Jul 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say no, those sort of mods in reality dont do much to a 1.2 engine , just make it sound faster

lpus regal are shit IMO
Baskey

3rd Jul 07 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ although saying that iv had no dealing with them for a couple of years
corsa-sxi

3rd Jul 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

impressed with a 1.8 178bhp (52 over standard) with flowmaster, cams, inlet, exhaust manifold, cat-back and all software)

1.4 which made 15 over standard with some iridium plugs k&n panel and straight thru pipe

but some people have had similar readings from other rolling roads, so they cant be over-reading? or all dynos must over read

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Jul 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is a before and after graph of a 1.2 corsa c sxi on a dyno dynamics dyno.

(before was standard, after was with an enclosed cold air induction kit)

some rollers over read massively, usually the old inertia style coastdown dynos that use the heavy rollers.
Rob B

3rd Jul 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldnt that just be the cold air feed you added though Dave ? As you shown Steves gained 3 bhp from a relocation of his cold air feed.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Jul 07 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ambient temp before: 16 degrees
ambient temp after: 16 degrees

inlet temp before: 19 degrees
inlet temp after: 23 degrees

so inlet temps were up a bit with the new filter but still made more power. So more down to the filter than anything else.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jul 07 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMFAO @ 91bhp with a filter and back box and people think regals claims are realistic
Graeme
Premium Member

3rd Jul 07 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine made 101bhp from a remap, backbox and bmc filter which i think is about right imo, what u think?

also they were slagging off my bmc and they were saying that a dbilas flowmaster is so much better and also my bmc is why it judders sometimes!
hmm, course it is!
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jul 07 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what car?
corsa-sxi

3rd Jul 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 sri

so thats only 11bhp over standard, did u get yours RR'd at regal same time?

if so then surely it cant be innaccurate, cos if a 1.4 with more engine mods made less % increase than a 1.2

Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jul 07 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a remap, backbox and bmc wont give you much more than 10bhp so apply that to the corsa c in question, if it makes 101 bhp then yes its about right if it makes much less then its rubbish
Graeme
Premium Member

3rd Jul 07 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah corsa c sri 1.4, 88 standard and 101 on the day so imo about right give or take a few bhp!
SAL
Premium Member

3rd Jul 07 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
mine made 101bhp from a remap, backbox and bmc filter which i think is about right imo, what u think?

also they were slagging off my bmc and they were saying that a dbilas flowmaster is so much better and also my bmc is why it judders sometimes!
hmm, course it is!

from experience, the dblias is just an airbox, with a k N n, doesnt make any diffrence over a standard airbox with k N n, just looks pretty

i did see the 1.8 corsa c sri the other day, black with pro race two's in stevenage, he was giving some against jay carrs old xe and lets just say...xe left the so-called 180bhp in its dust
Graeme
Premium Member

3rd Jul 07 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jims car is fast but if it was last week he wouldnt of had his full exhaust manifold and system on it as it was getting welded up, the exhaust made alot of difference but imo its not the same fast as a xe corsa!
Nick-S

3rd Jul 07 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thoses rollers must b out tbh after reading that ccuk post, standerd 1.7 cdt with 126 bhp ye rite
corsa-sxi

3rd Jul 07 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remap on the corsa d vxr will take power up to 230bhp from regal...surely quicker than the astra version!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » are a book figure bhp toned down on corsa -c 23 database queries in 0.0102551 seconds