corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my vectra "workhorse runaround"

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my vectra "workhorse runaround"
Adam-D

User status: Offline
10th Jul 07 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought it
3 day later gearbox let go

so here it is as it stands

what you cant see is the old box on the floor dead
and the new box with new release bearing in ready to go in tomorow
new clutch is on, half the subframe and the shafts an stuff has to be took out to swap the box, takes the piss

Adam-D

11th Jul 07 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good job i decided to do the clutch as well when doin the box, got the old one. erm, rivets anyone

just started on them, you can see just where they started to rub on them.

Marc

11th Jul 07 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam

Adam-D

11th Jul 07 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its fun and games i know, but once serviced, timing gear etc, its had a clutch, rest of car is sound. bar the air con. itll be reliable i can count on it as the major stuff has all been covered

i still have the corsa's unless somone offers the right money for them, ultimatly i want a s14a still, but that will come when the corsa or both have gone, this vectra is to punt about it, collect car bits in, etc etc and it wont matter if i get it dirty etc
Adam-D

13th Jul 07 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gets better

got it back clutch still feels gay, but it drives so thats a plus.

next up on the invoice it suggests the headgasket is poorly? i-e misfire when cold then it goes when warm ??

ah piss, ill do a compression test hopefully its just plugs and leads and the fact its gunked up and been left stood

if not ill be changin the headgasket and timing gear pretty soon
Adam-D

13th Jul 07 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has good compression so i dunno, ill change plugs leads, etc but ive never noticed it misfire so dunno what the guy was on about, possibly trying to drum up some business

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my vectra "workhorse runaround" 24 database queries in 0.0104251 seconds