corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halfords.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Halfords.
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jul 07 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Joel
Green Thing, Adam-B cheers for replies.

no probs, ive had alot of people coming in with these ebay neons, i wouldnt waste anymore time on them.

The ones halfords sell run off your cigarette lighter, but to do a proper and tidy job i would run them off the battery to a switch, with an inline fuse.

Easy to do, just run a wire from the battery with an inline fuse to a switch, take apart the cigarette lighter(s) and find which ones positive and which ones earth.( I cant remember which ones which.)
With the positive wires(if your running 2 neons) connect them onto the other connection on the switch and with the earth wires connect them upto a decent earth.
Then it should all work, well thats how ive done it 3 times before anyway.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Hamish

16th Jul 07 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklaruk
i have never been there but wish i had tbh

good luck tho

Corsa_Joel

16th Jul 07 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Joel
Green Thing, Adam-B cheers for replies.

no probs, ive had alot of people coming in with these ebay neons, i wouldnt waste anymore time on them.

The ones halfords sell run off your cigarette lighter, but to do a proper and tidy job i would run them off the battery to a switch, with an inline fuse.

Easy to do, just run a wire from the battery with an inline fuse to a switch, take apart the cigarette lighter(s) and find which ones positive and which ones earth.( I cant remember which ones which.)
With the positive wires(if your running 2 neons) connect them onto the other connection on the switch and with the earth wires connect them upto a decent earth.
Then it should all work, well thats how ive done it 3 times before anyway.

Sounds like how I did the ones off ebay, probably a poor set of neons, will go to halfords and sort some out see if they are any better and will let you know. Cheers for the advice. Appreciated.
Matt H

16th Jul 07 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it wasn't neons it will have been something else (neons weren't even around when I started driving )

Stickers, ragging car, randomly revving engines, music on full with the windows down etc etc

Most people into cars are guilty of one of these
Adam C
Premium Member

16th Jul 07 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont go for the 'mood' lights or anything like that as you wont see sod all, go for ones with led's in, dont think they where anymore than £15.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Adam-D

17th Jul 07 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interior neon's

they may fit them for you, i would given it was quiet

depends on the store and how confident the ripspeed guy is.

exterior neon. i wont fit, hell even doing it myself to a mates car its a horrible job.
FasT09

17th Jul 07 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would never buy neons (personal opinion) but you won't be able to get them fitted at halfords unless u bought it from them. To be fair when i got my cora i bought lexus lights thinking they wer good. lol how embarrasing.
Adam-D

17th Jul 07 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have green led footwell ones, they are wired like the interior light.
but then again my dials, mfd., centre console and switchgear are green too

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halfords. 24 database queries in 0.0133679 seconds