corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ohh Dear... (you're all gonna hate me for this lol)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ohh Dear... (you're all gonna hate me for this lol)
Joe

User status: Offline
18th Jul 07 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1500 for the Corsa, i'd say about 4-5K on various bits and bobs painting etc.
Rob H

18th Jul 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First car was a corsa for £2700. Spent about £500 on it in parts, but most of what I spent was in paint as I learnt how to spray using cans to get a perfect finish. Colour coded most of the interior, changed the interior to a higher model one, Re-furbed my own wheels etc.

Second car was loads more, but only 13 months old at the time. Spent about £2k on that, but included in that was learning to spray with a gun and compressor.

Ok, i've not spent silly amounts (mainly because i've not had the opportunity too being at uni), but what I have spent has been really good for learning new skills, has been a good talking point at meets, and been a really good hobby for me to work on .
AndyCorsaSport

18th Jul 07 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You never get money back on cars anyway. Tell your dad to do one! Lol.

Its only other things, im sure your dad likes doing things you spend money on, like going to the pub for instance, you could sit at home watching TV, but instead go to the pub, spend 20-30 pounds, and you dont have anything to show for it.

Modifying is a hobby, just like any other hobby.

I spent 1200 for my first car, and then about 1k in mods, its now for sale for 400 quid.

My new car cost 1700 and so far ive only spent 550 on mods, but these are mods i can take with me into future cars.
RS6

18th Jul 07 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Wilson
If something arrives in the post and my dad asks me how much it is I normally give him 3/4 of the price it is and he still thinks its expensive .

My defence is that its better than throwing £500 into beer and drugs every month.

My Dad doesnt get why I spend money on a car. He's more of a motorbike man and moans that cars are too slow.

same here
Hamish

18th Jul 07 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car was £3500...£500 for a 2 year extended warenty. In total a would say it owed my 10k.

But tbh like alot of people have already said, you do it for the love of doing it

My parents dont understand why i do it either, they dont undertand that for me its 1) my hobby and 2) my passion. They just think that im throwing money down the drain, which tbh i know that im doing. But who cares i could die tomorrow . Alot of my mates dont understand it either, but at least i have something to show for it. And they are always forst to coming knocking on my door when there car has gone wrong and needs fixing
lil_g

18th Jul 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates used to go out drinking a lot and pissing money down the drain then when they saw me having something to show for some hard earned ££ they started too my mum doesnt care about me "doing up" my car as my bro was the same so shes used to it all!
All she asks for is to keep the car parts out of her way
Hamish

18th Jul 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

currently in the house i have:

3 sets of wheels
1 engine in pieces
1 gearbox
1 exhaust system
2 bumpers
1 set of brakes
1 spolier
complete sound system
rebuild parts
various interior parts

lil_g

18th Jul 07 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hamish if u lived with my mum I think she'd kick ur arse jks
Hamish

18th Jul 07 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh most of it is the garage, starting to run out of space though, so its taking over my room
antmashed

18th Jul 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought mine for 2600 spent about 1500 on it (un-noticable or what )
LukeD

18th Jul 07 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought mine for 2300 and spent around 2500 doing it up so far!! and much more to come!

Its a hobby, passion and addiction! Ild ild rather be doing this than pissing my money up the wall every weekend! But most people at work etc think im stupid tho! - they say its only a corsa and that its unpractical cause it wont go over speedbumps!!
Dan295

18th Jul 07 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hamish
you do it for the love of doing it

blend

18th Jul 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh mate, as a few people said, whether you get the money back or not - its what makes you happy at the end of the day, if you want to spend a fair bit and you have a nice car at the end which your happy with thats all that matters, ye u might not be able to sell it and get all the money back but its what you want to do that matters really.
Alex16v

18th Jul 07 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa GSi - £1450
Modifications - £700+
Service and repairs - £400+

Deffinately worth it. Got something to show for all my hard work. Valver time next!.
ChrisBoom

18th Jul 07 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S214_UPP

I guess I just get annoyed when i see young people in their modded cars which they have payed no £££ for and have had their MUM&DAD pay for all of it & then THEY drive around thinking they are the dog's B****X

Im only 16, and i havent been given a penny towards my corsa, ive payed for it all, and done it all myself.

As said before, its a hobby, and you get something that you can use and enjoy for a long time. You could spend £100 on some new bits for the car that you will love for ages, or spend £100 in the pub, enjoy it for one night, then regret it in the morning
woodwardsbodyshop
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Jul 07 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but surely people don't do it to increase the value of car or try to, they do it because its a hobbie
*Laura*

19th Jul 07 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine sets me at around 5k. I wouldnt get that back for it if I sold it but its worth more now than what I paid for it so its not all bad! I doubt I'll sell it anytime soon though, I love it too much!!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Jul 07 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid £1850 for mine, spent £10,000 on it and not finished yet.

I don't piss my money down a wall at weekends, I don't smoke, and I don't use drugs so instead I spend it on something I can enjoy.

Its worth nothing to anyone else, so I'l prob just keep it and abuse it when I get me next car.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Fear

19th Jul 07 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought mine for 4100, spent 20-25K(never added everything up) sold for 6500!

As people have said its a hobby, a way of life, you meet people do shows etc, yeh you regret it abit it would be wrong not to but you regret it on sunday morning after you've pissed another 1-200 on beer the night before! but at least with spending it on a car you have something to show for it!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ohh Dear... (you're all gonna hate me for this lol) 24 database queries in 0.0137031 seconds