corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20let charge temp sensor mod

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20let charge temp sensor mod
Ben ev

User status: Offline
26th Jul 07 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone no how motronic reads the sig from the charge temp sensor on the c20let tophat? would it happen to be the same as the dash trip computers underbonnet temp sender. my idea is to switch between the to thus displaying my charge temp on the computer. anyone know if this would work or not?

if so then you could also have one in the intake hose and be able to plot a rough graph in pre compressor and charge pressure air temps on various intercoolers although obviously due to change in weather conditions+ speed of travel etc it would be very rough
nohope

27th Jul 07 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben ev
anyone no how motronic reads the sig from the charge temp sensor on the c20let tophat? would it happen to be the same as the dash trip computers underbonnet temp sender. my idea is to switch between the to thus displaying my charge temp on the computer. anyone know if this would work or not?

if so then you could also have one in the intake hose and be able to plot a rough graph in pre compressor and charge pressure air temps on various intercoolers although obviously due to change in weather conditions+ speed of travel etc it would be very rough

not sure i understand you correct, but are you loocking to display the inlet temp on the original display? if so M-tech has this:

"Inlet air temperature sensor to show the inlet temperature from the turbo on your standard board computer. Instead of the outside temperature on your display you will see the temperature of the air from the intercooler. You will be able to see the temperature of the incoming air from the intercooler. Easy install. Plug the connector from the outside temperature sensor into the sensor of the inlet air temperature. Then mount the hose from the intercooler to the inlet manifold. 44,5mm hose diameter."

have it in 48 and 51 mm aswell.''

(You could also make this quite simpel by yourself i guess whit a pice of pipe, and the original sensor)

If i havent understood you. Sorry!

Åsmund

[Edited on 27-07-2007 by nohope]
Ben ev

27th Jul 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep kind of what i meant but wonted to just tap wires to the actual charge temp senor on the top hat then have a switch in the car so you can switch the display between the 2 or 3 or more but not sure if the signal is the same ie will the standed dash computer be able to read the let sensor in the same way it reads the standed sensor. hope that makes sense. my mate has a similar setup on an xe astra van but uses 3 of the original temp senders(as in the standed one on corsa's) but he says they cant read very accurately and take ages to register temp differnce. obviously if it was charge temperature this wouldnt be any good beacause the temp is changing dramatically all the time ie on and off boost
Richie

27th Jul 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt trust it myself.... but no one would be able to guarantee the outcome until you did it!

All you can do is take the plug off both sensors (assuming they are both 2 wire) and use a multimeter to measure the resistance between the two pins and see if they are similar.

If they are two totally different ranges.... it wont work!

New Poll