corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » good suspension set up for around £450-£500

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author good suspension set up for around £450-£500
SAL
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Aug 07 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gaz are good, but far from the best, i have driven two corsa's with gaz and they bounce all over the shot, didnt say anything about handling...
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

6th Aug 07 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they must have either been broken or fitted wrong then, no suspension should 'bounce' as such.
P1CK4D

6th Aug 07 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
gaz are good, but far from the best, i have driven two corsa's with gaz and they bounce all over the shot, didnt say anything about handling...

You've obviously drove the ones that wern't set up properly Mine handles outstandingly well and will recommend GAZ to anyone.
Daimo B

6th Aug 07 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bilstien Yellows...

Not another fixed suspension unit that'll match the handling on a corsa.
Dean_W

6th Aug 07 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Bilstien Yellows...

Not another fixed suspension unit that'll match the handling on a corsa.

Agree with that.
SAL
Premium Member

6th Aug 07 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
they must have either been broken or fitted wrong then, no suspension should 'bounce' as such.

funny that because both kits were new, fiitted by profensionals, and i have no need to lie "they bounce like a yo-yo" and yes they do haddle well, but no better than my so called "shit fk's"
Olsrey

6th Aug 07 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they bounce its most likely because they werent set up properly or they were riding on the bump stops only problem i have is my bump stops (didnt cut enough off) so will be getting that sorted and shall be sorted
sri14

6th Aug 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the opinions and info lads. Think i'm gonna either go for GAZ coilover set up from dave A or a fixed height Koni set up. Koni is about £100 cheaper and should still be a good improvement over my current Gmax set up, which is quite shit tbh.
Daimo B

6th Aug 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DON'T GO KONI!!!

Go Bilstein, FAR FAR better suspension unit. Konis are far too hard.

For a FIXED rate suspension, you won't get better than the billy yellows.
Dave A

6th Aug 07 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree 100% with VXR. Bilstein stuff is far far better than koni in every way. we sell 10-15 bilstein kits a week and have always been amazed with every aspect of them.

having 'bouncy' suspension with gaz coilovers is common and as Olsrey said it will be the bumpstops. they come with a full length bumpstop that should be cut to suit the desired final ride height, most ignore this and then complain that they have bouncy suspension
SAL
Premium Member

6th Aug 07 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why spend loads on suspension to have to CUT bumpstops ? kw, bilstein etc im sure they come ready to roll ?
Dave A

6th Aug 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bacause if you are only lowering 30mm you need a longer bumpstop than if you are lowering 80mm.

Ring Gaz, ask them.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » good suspension set up for around £450-£500 23 database queries in 0.0080769 seconds