corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Plasma screen cracked behind the glass front!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plasma screen cracked behind the glass front!!
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
10th Aug 07 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum's 42" plasma that's only about 18 months old has got a crack about 5" long on the bottom right hand side of the screen, but its behind the glass front which is intact so its definately not from an impact (I know it wasnt anyway cos i was using it, put it on standby and went out of the house for a bit, then my mum turned it on again later in the day to find it broken). It also makes a loud buzzing noise now when you turn it on, its completely fucked We are gonna claim on the houe insurance, but is this a common fault or should we just break the outer glass too and just say something hit it?
Russ

10th Aug 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deny all knowledge mate, not common at all, but get lcd next time
drunkenfool

10th Aug 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance will probably replace it for us im guessing, but if they give us cash then I will be choosing another plasma anyway, LCDs arent that great at 42" for a similar price
Dom

10th Aug 07 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how odds that, never heard of the actual screen breaking without the glass going
Eitherway, i would opt for a plasma also, atleast you'll be getting blacks and not greys

New Poll