corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help me please.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help me please.....
Patrick

User status: Offline
24th Feb 03 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello people,

Right then. I've recently bought two 12" Kenwood subs. They are 700w each and they are run off of a 800w Jenson amp.

What I need to know is this. I've made my own custom twin box for the subs but it is pretty tight. Would I benifit from having a couple of ports in the box?

Cheers.....
jc-sxi

24th Feb 03 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah for nicer soundin bass but wouldn't u b better buying a ported box already made???
Patrick

24th Feb 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made my own cos it had to be a certain shape so that I could still fit a double buggy in the boot. The joys of having two kids and a Corsa!

Cheers fella, I think I will make a couple of ports in it!
jc-sxi

24th Feb 03 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get ya
mondeo

27th Feb 03 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need ports for the air to escape from the amp
CRB 553

28th Feb 03 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

err not unless the amps r in the sub box u dont... ported subs give lower toned more boomy bass but u'll not have definition so fast paced beats wont sound as gud!
corb

28th Feb 03 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and a ported box will have to be bigger, youd need to check box reccomendations from kenwood.
DaveC

28th Feb 03 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on what sound you want from your subs, blue kenwood subs work well in small sealed enclosures anyway. A ported enclosure is more likely to give you a resonance at a certain frequency. For a more even bass response over a fuller frequency range i would be enclined to leave the box sealed, but at the end of the day it is down to your personal tastes.
Kris TD

28th Feb 03 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep it sealed, all ported boxs ive heard sound like they have an exhaust attached, esspecially thast twin 15's vibe box

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help me please..... 24 database queries in 0.0129220 seconds