corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Mini Protest at York game last night

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mini Protest at York game last night
Danny P

User status: Offline
21st Aug 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few York fans objected to having to travel to Exeter last night becuase the game was moved because of TV coverage from a Saturday to a Monday night by SENTANTA.

Got this pic sent to me by a mate last night

Cosmo

21st Aug 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely putting the game on TV is for fans....Im not sure Setanta do it for their own fun?
Mather.16v

21st Aug 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think there supporting the real fans not the arm chair supporters
Cosmo

21st Aug 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mather.16v
i think there supporting the real fans not the arm chair supporters

so people who cant get to matches ARENT real fans?
Mather.16v

21st Aug 07 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taking what i said out of context a bit
Cosmo

21st Aug 07 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
taking what i said out of context a bit

I know I exaggerated it to prove my point but.....

York vs Exeter isnt really a big show stopping match that randoms will turn it on specifically to watch. Its more a game that fans of either teams are going to watch....so in this case Setanta are doing it for the fans as allowing more of them to see the game when they might not of been able to.
Nath

21st Aug 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

York vs Exeter midweek is stupid!

Same as Luton vs Carlisle, and Carlisle vs Luton - Both Tuesday nights
Russ

21st Aug 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so because i cannot afford 25quid a weekend to see wolves im not a true fan? you sound like you could be cheif exec of a premier club.. birmingham for example
Cosmo

21st Aug 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
so because i cannot afford 25quid a weekend to see wolves im not a true fan? you sound like you could be cheif exec of a premier club.. birmingham for example

excuse me? Do you think you have the right to post in here you armchair fan?
Russ

21st Aug 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

excuse me? Do you think you have the right to post in here you armchair fan?
shouldnt you be outside your clubs training ground cheering on the youth team you real fan?
Cosmo

21st Aug 07 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
shouldnt you be outside your clubs training ground cheering on the youth team you real fan?

I am, on my PDA.
Russ

21st Aug 07 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh ofc. sorry
Cosmo

21st Aug 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
oh ofc. sorry

typical armchair fan
Mather.16v

21st Aug 07 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

, my point was that why should tv rights come before the fans who support their team up and down the country every week, there is no arguement against it but i guess that is the way football is going nower days
Cosmo

21st Aug 07 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

, my point was that why should tv rights come before the fans who support their team up and down the country every week, there is no arguement against it but i guess that is the way football is going nower days

because a lot more people watch the games on TV than at the actual match for one reason or another....and majority rules.
Danny P

21st Aug 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
surely putting the game on TV is for fans....Im not sure Setanta do it for their own fun?

Thier protest is against the game being moved from a saturday, when alot more fans would have been able to attend, to a Monday night, with only 3 weeks notice. Only 150 fans made the trip down, where as on a Saturday it would have been much more than that asit wouldn't have meant taking a day off work, and not getting home till god knows what time tuesday morning.

Cosmo

21st Aug 07 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but how many more people got to see the game on TV, more than missed going to it as it was a Monday night?
Rob_Quads

21st Aug 07 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and how much money are they getting from Santanta for the coverage. You could probably loose a few 1000 attendance and still be quid in so you could say its for the better for the club!
Danny P

21st Aug 07 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but how many more people got to see the game on TV, more than missed going to it as it was a Monday night?

I dont know, as I know a lot of people dont have Sentanta, I know I dont so I'd have missed it.

Not all about how many people get to see the game though it is. Bottom line is if you support a football team you want to actually attend as many games as you can to support them. Canty really do that can you from your living room. By them moving the game it restricted how many people could actually do that.

Has an effect on the team an all, being a Liverpool fan im sure you can appreciate how an attmosphere can help push your team on, and help them get a win. Im sure the players would rather run out to a packed away end rather than thinking everyone is watching it on TV.

Its not always about money either, i'd rather be able to go watch my team week in week out, support them, than them buy a new striker with the TV money and not ever get to see him play.
Cosmo

21st Aug 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I totally understand what you mean about actually going to support the team, and all teams have a core support who will go wherever and whenever to do so. And Im sure for the vast majority of these then it being on a Monday night wont make any difference - its not like it'll be every Monday.

But their is a much larger group that cant do so for loads of reasons...work, money, disability, inability, etc. and this is what the TV coverage caters for. And their must of been demand for this TV coverage or it wouldnt be in Setantas best interest to air the game....new viewers = no advertisers interested in giving away hardearned to places ads on their station.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Mini Protest at York game last night 24 database queries in 0.0129259 seconds