corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe juddering low revs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe juddering low revs
Jake

User status: Offline
4th Sep 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

below 2k it judders quite badly, the spark plugs are slightly black aswell so im guessing its over fuelling abit. Used search and CTS and TPS kept coming up in threads so it has to be one of those? Can anyone shed any light on this

thanks

Edit - Where is the Coolant temp sensor on these engines? I might as well change it as they're quite cheap.

[Edited on 04-09-2007 by jake]
Warren G

4th Sep 07 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EGR?
Jake

4th Sep 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arent they quite good at throwing up a fault code? Ive done a paperclip test and nothing
BarnshaW

4th Sep 07 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u checked the air filter and tried cleaning it etc? i had similar issues and it turned out to be a combination of the air filter and the AFM
Robin
Premium Member

4th Sep 07 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CTS is on the thermostat housing, it's a bluey sort of colour.

If it's the ICV, EGR or TPS, it's a fucking ballache to change

CTS is about £3 from Vauxhall, and I have a spare IVC (which works) and a spare TPS (which I'm not 100% sure about) which you can have if you want them.
Jake

4th Sep 07 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have no problems with the idling, its just when you want to boot it from low revs it kangaroos, if i gently press the throttle it's fine. I thought the CTS was on the 'stat but read that it was at the back of the inlet so spent ages trying to find something that wasnt even there Thanks for the offer Robin, i still need to pick up those inner lamps

The air filter was relatively clean, because of the black plugs im thinking its either the CTS or lambda
andyc1234

4th Sep 07 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old one used to do it a lot and then it started cuttin out. turned out to be the coil
Scotty C

4th Sep 07 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change the TPS, then see what happens
Jake

5th Sep 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

changed the CTS and its helped abit but still feels like theres a big flatspot between 1-2k

New Poll