corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Network Tools

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Network Tools
Neo

User status: Offline
19th Sep 07 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Right i need to make a 2 week cycling calander that contains a timetable of 6 school day periods. Each period needs to be able to have data added however once added needs to be password protected before it can be deleted.

It doesn't need to be to complex, however i'd prefer it to be installed on our security server and then deployed to all staff via gp.

Was trying to think of the best way to do it possibly in html or php, and if in flash it is physically possible

Because we need it tomorrow, i need the easiest and quickest method of making it.....

Any help much appreciated
Dom

19th Sep 07 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im guessing this is an intranet time table for members of staff, where they can update it themselves?

eitherway, i would have thought php and a sql db would be the easiest to do, possibly knock it all up within a few hours.
Could use flash as a front end that drags the data from the db, but could be added anytime once you have the backend sorted.

other than that, you had a look at Par (Tasc Software) or Sims, it's what we use at work for timetables and general student info.
Neo

19th Sep 07 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah we use sims atm but for staff timetables...

This is just for tracking hardware, booking it in and out, and because they need the same hardware each period each week, we want a rotating calendar that shows the day...and then whats needed where.

You don't know of any open source software already made do you ?
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Sep 07 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This looks like it might do the job although its about rooms not resources.

http://www.jjwdesign.com/booking_calendar.html
Andrew

19th Sep 07 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Build one in Visual Studio
Neo

19th Sep 07 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet, cheers guys, gonna have a play and see what i can do

Andrew, whats visual studio like to work with then ?

[Edited on 19-09-2007 by Neo]
Neo

20th Sep 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok...update i installed visual studio....just how do you use it !!!!

I need to create a user editable calender. Each date needs to be able to have data applied to it referring to a specific piece of equipment and needs to be only editable by admin. Each entry can't be used on each date more than once and i want a list of usable entries so they can be selected rather than typed. The day needs to be split up into 6 times e.g. 8.30 - 9.30, 9.30 - 11 etc

And finally i want the the end user to only see the day that it is and the entries in it.

Right i'm ready for the flaming, however any help would really help

P.s i'm using vb 2005 express

Thanks
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Sep 07 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you need it soon I would keep searching. There is bound to be something out there already written.

If you've got PHP/MySQL server already running then its not a big job to install a few things see how they work. If they're not suitable, move on.

If you've no experience in programming or database design then I wouldn't imagine you can design or build one that is either robust or developed quick enough to fit the bill.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a calendar mod for phpbb, you could use that and strip out any phpbb links
Andrew

20th Sep 07 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Andrew, whats visual studio like to work with then ?

I don't really know what i'm doing Just wrote a little program that will delete files within a folder that are 3 months old or older. I wanna do another one now using vb to delete e-mails that are 3 months old or older from Outlook. I really need to get out more i think

I'm just using google to search for stuff. Hoping to get a job as software engineer so kind of need a little bit of knowledge. Hear back from that tomorrow

But as Ian said, some geek will have probably already written something to suit your needs.

New Poll