corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Poor Old Footballers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Poor Old Footballers
Danny P

User status: Offline
1st Nov 07 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get worked up when I work my arse off to earn money to go see my team play, & they then come out with comments like "im tired"

Some players wanna go out and do a real days work, then they might realise how lucky they are.
Marc

1st Nov 07 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm definatley not bitter because footballers of a similar age and background to myself are earning sky wage packets if thats what you mean.

Do you go to the gym or play football yourself? After 25 min of 6 a side I'm shattered or an hour in the gym I ache. So imagine someone on a strict training regime that spends all week training then has to play 90 minutes at the end of the week. Yes, this applies to all levels of footballer, but as I said, the demands on a top Premiership player are higher as they have more games to play.
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
I get worked up when I work my arse off to earn money to go see my team play, & they then come out with comments like "im tired"

Some players wanna go out and do a real days work, then they might realise how lucky they are.

mate, let that chip off your shoulder go
Danny P

1st Nov 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I'm definatley not bitter because footballers of a similar age and background to myself are earning sky wage packets if thats what you mean.

Do you go to the gym or play football yourself? After 25 min of 6 a side I'm shattered or an hour in the gym I ache. So imagine someone on a strict training regime that spends all week training then has to play 90 minutes at the end of the week. Yes, this applies to all levels of footballer, but as I said, the demands on a top Premiership player are higher as they have more games to play.

I play football and go to the gym AFTER working for 8 hours a day, sometimes more.

If all I had to do was play Football all day, and travel around Europe, AND get paid a nice healthy sum to do it, no way would I be complaining about it.
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
If all I had to do was play Football all day, and travel around Europe, AND get paid a nice healthy sum to do it, no way would I be complaining about it.

But you dont have the skill, they do, and if they arent happy with their working conditions then they are free to complain. People might think some of the things you arent happy with in your work place are stupid too.
Marc

1st Nov 07 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I too play my football and go to the gym after my day at work.

They may be travelling around Europe, buts not like they're on a holiday! They fly over, have a few days training, play the game then fly back. As Cosmotron said, this takes its toll.

All they want is a winter break, I see no problem with this!
chris-sri

1st Nov 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Premiership is the most physically demanding league in the world. You only have to look at how some of the promoted teams from the Championship struggle to deal with the pace of the game to see this. Top flight teams undoubtedly train harder and do more physical conditioning than lower league sides. With the Champions League United could be playing in Moscow on the wednesday then have Portsmouth away on the Saturday. That is going to mess with your body clock. I don't think the winter break would do any harm other than meaning a very boring 3 weeks just after Christmas when I could do with football to cheer me up
Nath

1st Nov 07 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How dare you question the Premier League Danny.

You should know better....

For all I care Phil Neville can fuck off and retire. He's shit anyway.
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
How dare you question the Premier League Danny.

You should know better....

Its not a question of him questioning the Premier League. But trying to say the level of fitness required, and thefore the amount of training, isnt any higher in the Prem is just stupid. As is suggesting that the amount they do shouldnt mean they get tired and be entitled to moan that having a few weeks off in the middle of a season might help.
Nath

2nd Nov 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7074403.stm
Robbo

3rd Nov 07 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7073693.stm

Marc

3rd Nov 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love Holloway

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Poor Old Footballers 24 database queries in 0.0109270 seconds