corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » time wasteing wankers rant

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author time wasteing wankers rant
SportBoy

User status: Offline
4th Nov 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been after a first house with the missus .. seen one we really liked, and they accepted the offer .. payed for all the searches.. got a date to sign and get keys (16th of nov) . we even bought fridge freezer/washing machine/37" tv , loads of poxy shit like ironing board/kettle plates/pans etc lol, just about to look at sofas and the fvcking arsesoles decide there not selling so thats me with aload of stuff and not much room and over a grand out of pocket because of searches/solice fees .. why the fvck do they leave it 2weeks before .. oh and the told the estate agent its none of our business why they pulled out ... nice

[Edited on 04-11-2007 by SportyBoy]
Mad Moe

4th Nov 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nightmare mate, but unfortunately that's the risk you take in the housing market. I personally feel the scottish system is the way forwards, would sharp cut out tossers like these
SportBoy

4th Nov 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye backwards britain .. cant belive there isnt a law against it in england
C2RL R

5th Nov 07 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sucks. i'm selling a house at the moment and i've had four sets of people pull out on buying at various stages. its fucking sickening. i get very wound up by stuff like this...feel like going having a word the arseholes if you know what i mean!
Edd

5th Nov 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
I personally feel the scottish system is the way forwards, would sharp cut out tossers like these

only in some ways both sytems have there downsides
Cosmo

5th Nov 07 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I personally feel the scottish system is the way forwards, would sharp cut out tossers like these

Other than the fact you have no idea what the price of the property is going to end up at, as is always offers over.

A mix of the two would work best.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

5th Nov 07 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a pain in the arse Myles. But the law basically states that up until exchange they could pull the papers even if they don't like the shoes your wearing

It's an arse! No way of recouping the costs either

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
John

5th Nov 07 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Other than the fact you have no idea what the price of the property is going to end up at, as is always offers over.

A mix of the two would work best.

For the most part that is incorrect.

Certain areas etc yes they do go for stupid and could be well outside what you thought but for the most part you know just about what somebody wants on top of the offers over price.

I think you should ask for what you want though and if somebody offers that they get it, simple.
Cosmo

5th Nov 07 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
For the most part that is incorrect.

Certain areas etc yes they do go for stupid and could be well outside what you thought but for the most part you know just about what somebody wants on top of the offers over price.

I think you should ask for what you want though and if somebody offers that they get it, simple.

I can only go from what Ive read on here, as no experience of buying up there myself, and from that all Ive ever heard is putting offers in over the desired amount and ending up being in a bidding war of sorts, or offering well above the real value to actually get it. I know it wont all be like that, but not having a set price so to speak does seem like how it works in a lot of cases.
neoquip

5th Nov 07 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sportyboy
where were you buying in Nottm?

this will stop when you get HIP's, as searches will already have been done by the seller. speeding up buying.

I've a 1 bed flat for sale if your're interested
SportBoy

6th Nov 07 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not after somewhere in actual nottingham . in or around retford in north notts, just a 2 bed semi or somthing
Colin

6th Nov 07 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should make it fixed price always.....buyer sticks it up for how much they want & thats the price! If either side pulls out a sale they have to pay the other sides losses eg survey/solicitor fee's!

New Poll