corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Learning to Drive

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Learning to Drive
T21SVJ

User status: Offline
8th Nov 07 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took 2 months to pass my test.

which car do you most stall? it might feel better just learning to drive in the instrutors car and take some time out of yours. different cars have different clutches and a different feel.

keep positive it will all come to you try and relax and talk to the instructor about anything it will help.

i use to sweat and panic alot but i just took my time.

i remember having the lesson before my test i stailed about 4 times at a set off traffic lights and thought i was never going to pass.

you will get there in the end
LeeM

8th Nov 07 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had 4 lessons then crashed within 2 weeks of my 17th birthday
put me off and i didnt start taking lessons again untill around my 18th birthday, took andother 12 hours of lessons and passed first time within 6 weeks
Shane

8th Nov 07 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has 30 odd hours took 7 months and failed my test 3 times, passed on my 4th
Adam C
Premium Member

8th Nov 07 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well just had a lesson, went ok, panic a couple of times, but I didnt stall.

t8ssjsport - i keep stalling in my corsa, havent stalled in my instructors car for a while as its a newish diesal clio, i find it easier to drive that then mine tbh.

Spoke to my instuctor aswell, said that when it came to making decisions I just tend to panic and stop, so I will need to work on that.

Thanks for the Help Guys

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
AlunJ

8th Nov 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took me about 45lessons - passed 2nd time - don't let it put you off - if you want to drive, and you have the determination you will get up to scratch soon - different people learn at different paces.
K3 VMU

8th Nov 07 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I might have taken loads of lessons but in 3 years of driving I've had no accidents and no convictions How many people on here can say that?

me
Robbo

8th Nov 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had over 30 lessons and took about 9 months learning, wasnt very confident and if I cocked up early on that screwed up my whole lesson so I ended up havign a fair few

Passed first time and instantly became more confident
Kathryn W

8th Nov 07 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
Well just had a lesson, went ok, panic a couple of times, but I didnt stall.

t8ssjsport - i keep stalling in my corsa, havent stalled in my instructors car for a while as its a newish diesal clio, i find it easier to drive that then mine tbh.

Spoke to my instuctor aswell, said that when it came to making decisions I just tend to panic and stop, so I will need to work on that.

Thanks for the Help Guys

Don't be scared to give it a bit of rev's
Ash_EP3

8th Nov 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was recommended a local driving instructor in my town (Mandy) she was really good, nice and considerate had a 90%+ pass rate 1st time!!!

I used to have 1 hour a week and I did it over a period of 7/8 months (2 months I didn't have any lessons)

but altogether it took me about 30 hours incl test & then I had pass plus as well (which didn't do f**k all!)

Passed 1st time with 9 minors IIRC

Used to stall in my 1st car (106 1.1) all the time but I have only ever stalled once in the corsa! (left it in gear once when parked)

One thing always to remember mate you're in control of the car not the other way around, just relax and take it slow if you have to!

[Edited on 08-11-2007 by S214_UPP]

[Edited on 08-11-2007 by S214_UPP]
AndyKent

8th Nov 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did about 30/35 lessons all but squeezed it into about 4 months. Passed first time

I did pass plus after too, which I thought was actually really helpful. Specially motorway driving as its quite different from even a dual carriageway. Cost me as much as insurance dropped, so worth it in the end I thought.
Ash_EP3

8th Nov 07 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
I did about 30/35 lessons all but squeezed it into about 4 months. Passed first time

I did pass plus after too, which I thought was actually really helpful. Specially motorway driving as its quite different from even a dual carriageway. Cost me as much as insurance dropped, so worth it in the end I thought.

I did enjoy my pass plus to, but it didn't affect my insurance

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Learning to Drive 24 database queries in 0.0379810 seconds