corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Scousers - Why do they get upset far too easily?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scousers - Why do they get upset far too easily?
liamC

User status: Offline
17th Nov 07 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do a lot of yuo have persecution complexes?

Calm yourselves down

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=bbc-says-sorry-as-eastenders-sparks-hillsborough-outrage&method=full&objectid=20112215&siteid=50061-name_page.html
Cosmo

17th Nov 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing you dont joke about in Liverpool is Hillsborough.

If you arent connected to anyone who was there, or know the story behind it all then you shouldnt pass comment.
Cosmo

17th Nov 07 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh...and just to put it into reference...you wouldnt get the London Bombings being mentioned on Eastenders or some other tragedy like that.
Marc

17th Nov 07 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went out with a Welsh Everton fan. She and her entire family (so she told me, was only one date!) refused to read The Sun and although an Everton fan despised The sun and any Hillsborough related topics!

I however have mixed views which I'll keep to myself.
Cosmo

17th Nov 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, Everton fans are in agreement with Liverpool fans when its comes to the Sun, and more specifically McKenzie who was the editer at the time.

TBH what he said was wrong anyway. Fences were beig used in grounds prior to 1985 when Heysel happened, so that didnt lead directly to the fencing in of fans.

It just seems a stupid thing to mention when they didnt really have to. They wouldnt mention other tragedies where people died so why start mentioning this in some stupid comment.
Cosmo

17th Nov 07 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh...and feel free to air your views, will be good to knock your no doubt mis-informed views down
Marc

17th Nov 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have any strong views as such, I just have two opnions. One it was a tragedy what happened, but on the other hand fans should be under control. You can blame both the fans (admitedly not all) and the stewards.
Cosmo

17th Nov 07 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem falls on 3 fronts really....the ground wasnt suitable to hold the match, the stewards/police didnt do enough to prevent the numbers entering that did and the fans for entering the stadium.

My Dad, Grandad and Auntie were meant to be in that actual stand. They got in early luckily and my Grandad could see something bad was going to happen so moved round the the otherside with my Auntie. My Dad stayed there but thank god wasnt near where the actual trouble happened.

So if my Grandad could see something was going to happen, then the police should of known and done something about it too.
Tom

17th Nov 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who was talking about hillsborough?

I won't read the sun at all, wankers.
Cosmo

17th Nov 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Who was talking about hillsborough?

They made some stupid comment about it on Eastenders to a footie hooligan character from Manchester. Something abouyt Heysal causing fences to be put up around fans and then that causing the Hillsborough disaster.

[Edited on 17-11-2007 by Cosmo]
chris-sri

17th Nov 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is it with tele producers in this Country? Are they just chronically stupid or do they put needless comments like that into their shows in an attempt to get people talking about them because they don't have any better ideas.
Cosmo

17th Nov 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
or do they put needless comments like that into their shows in an attempt to get people talking about them because they don't have any better ideas.

That was my initial thought!
Cosmo

17th Nov 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure what is worse though...that or some other cock posting about it saying Scousers have a persecution complex due to them not being too happy with memories being needlessly brought to the fore - reminding of the 97 deaths, countless physical and mental injuries, and scousers being labeled as stealing from the dead and pissing on their bodies.
John G

17th Nov 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

funny how liam C has gone ever so quiet all of a sudden,
Nath

17th Nov 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He does live in Dubai though
strick206

17th Nov 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and is replying atm
liamC

17th Nov 07 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
funny how liam C has gone ever so quiet all of a sudden,

It was a genuine question. Cosmo brought up some fair points. Credit where it's due. I just do not see the point whatsoever in complaining to the BBC. What on earth will that achieve?

And where in the dialogue in the link in my first post does it show it as a BBC/Eastenders taking the piss and making Hillsbrough sound like a joke? It is an angle on football hooliganism (and although that is not related to Hillsbrough at all), as soon as the word is mentioned all hell breaks loose.
Nath

17th Nov 07 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
and is replying atm

True story
strick206

17th Nov 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
and is replying atm

True story

Cosmo

17th Nov 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
It was a genuine question. Cosmo brought up some fair points. Credit where it's due. I just do not see the point whatsoever in complaining to the BBC. What on earth will that achieve?

And where in the dialogue in the link in my first post does it show it as a BBC/Eastenders taking the piss and making Hillsbrough sound like a joke? It is an angle on football hooliganism (and although that is not related to Hillsbrough at all), as soon as the word is mentioned all hell breaks loose.

Complaining will just get the BBC to admit they are wrong and say sorry. Imagine if your Dad was killed there and you happen to be watching Eastenders and some (factually incorrect) statement was made about it when their was no need.

And I dont think anyone said it was a joke they made, or they took the piss? They just made a stupid comment that they didnt have to, it didnt add to the storyline and wouldnt of been missed if they didnt say it. What next, going to make a passing comment about someone having bodies in the back garden like the two who were dug up in the last few days?
liamC

17th Nov 07 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Referring to the joke/taking the piss comment I was replying to the comment you put about - "one thing you dont joke about in liverpool is hillsbrough" - I thought you were referring to the BBC/Eastenders making the Hillsbrough comment sound like a joke/piss take which they weren't.

I just find it totally pointless that hundreds of outraged Scousers have complained to the BBC about some comment made on a shitty soap opera.
liamC

17th Nov 07 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CosmoWhat next, going to make a passing comment about someone having bodies in the back garden like the two who were dug up in the last few days?

No, I think I'll make songs up about plane crashes in Munich instead.
Cosmo

17th Nov 07 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said, the vast majority of people feel very deeply about what went on at Hillsborough. Either through knowing people who were there, knowing people who lost someone or just by the comments made afterwards. So ofcourse they arent going to be happy about it being mentioned in this sort of circumstance. You telling me mentioning some other sort of tragedy (say London bombings) wouldnt get a load of Londoners complaining...I think they would.
chris-sri

18th Nov 07 at 03:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Eastenders brought the Munich air disaster up then I would be jumping about to be honest. What happened was a tragedy and should not be brought up in "popular" tv shows for effect. I would have hoped that the BBC would have had more respect for the people who died that day tbh. As for Liverpool fans singing about Munich unfortunately there are always going to be idiots on both sides they don't represent the majority.

[Edited on 18-11-2007 by chris-sri]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Scousers - Why do they get upset far too easily? 24 database queries in 0.0151379 seconds