corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » So what youngsters deserve a chance

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So what youngsters deserve a chance
Danny P

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 07 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Natural talent isn't the be all and end all though is it, it just means you can pick things up alot easier than others, a lot of "flair" players are graced with natural talent, but players who arn't blessed with that can still be coached into feeling more comfortable on the ball, how to retain possession when under pressure etc etc. You dont need natural tallent to be good at something, you can work hard to achieve the same standards.

This may be the case for average players, but ALL players who should be pushing for the England team will be natural players. They'll all have something you just cant teach. Thats why they get paid so much, as if anyone could be taught to do it eventually then we'd all be doing it.

I wouldn't say players like Sol Campbell, Peter Crouch, Joleon Lescott have natural tallent, yet play for England becuase they have worked hard at what they do, and reaped the rewards becuase of it.

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Clubs my be spending all this money on acadamies, but they clearly arn't producing the goods are they, otherwise England would be full of good players pushing to get into the England team, instead when we get an injury we have to rely on players who are older coming back to cover, or throw in players that arn't good enough, as seen last night.

If the players with the talent arent there then they arent there! You cant just teach the average local ones to be amazing players, it just cant and wont happen.

You not be able to teach them to be amazing, but you can teach them to be a lot better than they are now, and with experience that they gain from playing they will become better as their careers progress.

Like driving a car, when I first started to learn I had no idea, but eventually I picked it up via practising, and now it is natural to know what to do and when. If you do something often enough it becomes sencond nature. Thats what im getting at.

[Edited on 22-11-2007 by Danny P]
Danny P

22nd Nov 07 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF were never gonna agree on this are we
Cosmo

22nd Nov 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I wouldn't say players like Sol Campbell, Peter Crouch, Joleon Lescott have natural tallent, yet play for England becuase they have worked hard at what they do, and reaped the rewards becuase of it.

Of course they have natural talent If they didnt have that bit of natural ability that you cant teach (may just be something mentally rather than ability) then they wouldnt be there, no matter how much work they put in. Like I said, if all it took was hard work then we'd all be pro-footy players by now, and no team would be shite as they'd all train them upto be great players.

quote:

You not be able to teach them to be amazing, but you can teach them to be a lot better than they are now, and with experience that they gain from playing they will become better as their careers progress.

Like driving a car, when I first started to learn I had no idea, but eventually I picked it up via practising, and now it is natural to know what to do and when. If you do something often enough it becomes sencond nature. Thats what im getting at.

Yeah, you can teach a player to be better than they are. You could take a complete tool at playing footie and teach them to be better, but they'll only ever be as good as their natural ability allows them.

And yeah, driving a car is a good example. You can learn to do it, but your telling me you have that natural ability to be as good as Schumacher, or some of the other best drivers of the present/past? I dont think so, or once again we'd all be F1 drivers or whatever other motorsport.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » So what youngsters deserve a chance 24 database queries in 0.0092940 seconds