corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » CD, DVD and Virtual Drive Error

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CD, DVD and Virtual Drive Error
ed

User status: Offline
24th Nov 07 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In Vista x64.

I keep getting this error message in device manager:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

It seemed to just appear one day for no reason. Though it could have happened when the computer lost power when it was in standby.

I have tried all of the various different ways to repair this error that I have found on the web such as uninstalling the devices. Uninstalling any software - such as virtual drives - which could cause conflicts. Allowing Windows to try repairing the problem e.t.c...

The only other solution I can find now is to manually repair the registry, though I cant find how to do that and I definately don't want to get it wrong...

Any help or tutorials on this one?
Richie

24th Nov 07 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Works every time
ed

24th Nov 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that Richie, forgot about the old upper and lower filters trick

New Poll