corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If one insurance company says i have 2 no claims, will another one say i have 2 aswell?lol

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If one insurance company says i have 2 no claims, will another one say i have 2 aswell?lol
corsa_rob

User status: Offline
29th Nov 07 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys just a quick one insuring the corsa for another year, even though im getting bored

Right i have a renewal quote from my existing insurance company saying i have "62.5% no claim discount equivalent to 2 years".
I've defo got 1 years no claims with them on the corsa i have no but was insured as a named driver on my old corsa for a year while i was learning...so i have held a FULL license for 1 year and 5 months ish now.

But im changing companies as they are offering me a great price, im changing address to my girlfriends as living here mainly at moment and get 10% off as her brother is with same company.

So if my existing company says ive got 2 years no claims, but only held my FULL license for 1 year and 5 months do you think the other company will take it as 2 or just 1??

It's a silly question but just wondering as im renewing very soon and want even more off! going from £1250 to £520 but want cheaper as im 22 and its a 1.4 sport...another question is...

£1600 for a S reg corsa sport 1.4??

any help or past experience in a matter would be great please guys renewing in next few days...

cheers rob
Daimo B

29th Nov 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get them to send you confirmation of your NCB in the post. Should only take a day or two and will confirm your NCB entitlement.

I had an accident with a pedestrian and was meant to loose all my NCB. But somehow the insurance company screwed up. SO i got them to send me confirmation of my NCB bonus.

It was the full 7 years and not the 2 years i was expecting. Its on paper, so thats what I use.
deano87

29th Nov 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally depends what they send you like has been mentioned.

You could have NCB from a moped, if you were with the same insurance company, so it is possible, if only having your licence 1 year 5 months.
richc

29th Nov 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit i will have 1 yr no claims from my bike
Ste L

29th Nov 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be fine...

as i insured my first car, before i passed, and they counted the same..
corsa_rob

29th Nov 07 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads! gonna ring them tomorrow after work and get it sort im hoping for £450 lol but think might be setting my standards high haha! will be chuffed though regardless...can start saving for the 106 GTi/172/182/ibiza cupra/astra gsi/XE lump now hahahahahaha!
deano87

29th Nov 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_rob
106 GTi/172/182/ibiza cupra/astra gsi/XE lump now hahahahahaha!

AndyKent

29th Nov 07 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not always. I'm on a 9 month rapid bonus policy with Norwich Union. Means I get the equivalent of 1 years no claims after 9 months. Having been driving for 2 years, I'm not on 3 years no-claims but no other company would honour it despite my policy saying something like "40% discount equivalent to 3 years no claims bonus"
Robin
Premium Member

29th Nov 07 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending on the company.

I have "2 years" but in reality, it's 20 months.

I rang a few companies, some would take it as 2 years, some would only accept one full year.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

29th Nov 07 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
Not always. I'm on a 9 month rapid bonus policy with Norwich Union. Means I get the equivalent of 1 years no claims after 9 months. Having been driving for 2 years, I'm not on 3 years no-claims but no other company would honour it despite my policy saying something like "40% discount equivalent to 3 years no claims bonus"

My brother did this he got upto 5 years but they make you have another 9 month policy before you go back to 12 months, my brother moved to Priviledge, they asked him to send his renewal as proof of no claims, and they've give him 5 years, esure said they'd do the same too.

Worth a try

Edit: I also got 2 years ncb after my first year, that saved me about £600

[Edited on 29-11-2007 by Mike B]
AndyKent

29th Nov 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh did they? Ace

I spoke to a few companies (Barclays, Tesco, AA) and they all said it wouldn't count.

I'm still paying far less though, about £400 this year while everyone else was quoting £650/700

Cheers for the info
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

29th Nov 07 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He asked esure, they just said if it says you've got 5 years on your renewal, then that's good enough for them. Although he did it the cheeky way with Priviledge, he didn't tell them he'd got the ncb through a bonus accelerator, he just said he had 5 years, they told him to send his renewal, he sent it, they accepted it
LeeM

29th Nov 07 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try quik fit, quoted me 1600 on a 1.4 sport, im only 20 and have a dr10
corsa_rob

2nd Dec 07 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all sorted lads just so people know direct line are cool with it! got it down to £472:LOL::LOL:

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If one insurance company says i have 2 no claims, will another one say i have 2 aswell?lol 23 database queries in 0.0443151 seconds