corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How crap are BT?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How crap are BT?
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Dec 07 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister moved into a new house on Friday, in the same village as her old one. There's less than a mile between the 2.

A few weeks ago, she rang BT and explained what would be going in, and that they'd need the old number cutting off, and moving to the new address on the same day.

First of all, they won't transfer the number, even though all the numbers in the village have the same first 7 digits, they just refused, with no explanation.

Then, they managed to cut both houses off, but haven't managed to re-connect her new house, so they've got no phone and no internet connection, both of which they need desperately (my sister works from home, so she needs both to earn money)

She rang them today to see what was going on, and they said they can't connect the phone until next friday, and the broadband will be 5 working days after that

Surely if they can disconnect someone without having to drive a van to a junction box, they can connect someone just as easily?

I don't understand how they can be so bad, that's terrible customer service IMO.
ed

1st Dec 07 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT are still trying to come over and install my phone line, despite them having already successfully installing the line in August. I get a phone call from them every other week asking when an engineer can come over. When I explain the person on the other end usually says something like "nahhh man innit"; then they get very confused
Robin
Premium Member

1st Dec 07 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they ring you on the land line?
C2RL R

2nd Dec 07 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought that also
dannymccann

3rd Dec 07 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if she can get out of it try and get her to, BT Broadband is shite and expensive for what it is
Dean_W

3rd Dec 07 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT is the shittest company i've ever had to deal with. Customer service is non-existant.

And seeing how it's called BRITISH telecom and you get put through to india or some shit, that really pisses me off.

I had to phone 3 times to get my bill put on monthly direct debit and have a bill sent.
Hammer

3rd Dec 07 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never realised how poor a huge company could be run until i had to deal with them in the office here. They send bills almost daily for lines we don't have etc... the fax and net have been cut off before even though all the bills were paid and the folk on the other side of the phone are fairly useless.
ed

3rd Dec 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Do they ring you on the land line?
No, but they did call me on the land line everal times during that period to arrange my direct debit
MarkM

4th Dec 07 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My BT Broadband service is ok...its been quite reliable..

Granted its not proper boradband like I used to have with Virgin Media...but its still ok...

The biggest problem with BT is if you have to call them...2 hours on hold isnt unusual...

Its a fuckin joke...then you speak to an incompetent fuckwit you doesnt give 2 shits about customer service...

I called 2 days ago (2 hour wait)...to change the bill into my Mrs name...no cancellation...not even a change in the bank details as im happy paying it we just needed a bill in her name for ID for parking permit reasons by the flat...would they change it?? Would they fuck...however he did suggest why didnt I pay £70 cancellation fee then the remainder of my contract £19 x 10 months...then take out another contract in her name!!!!

Fuckwits...BT customer service is SHITE!

[Edited on 04-12-2007 by MarkM]
andy1868

4th Dec 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't get me started on BT robin
Robin
Premium Member

4th Dec 07 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok.
Conway563

5th Dec 07 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT wanted to charge me £125 to come and double check there was a phone point in the house when I tried to get connected. They got told to GTF
Joe

5th Dec 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep fucking awful customer service. Bunch of fuckwits.

New Poll