corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine conversion question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine conversion question
SportBoy

User status: Offline
11th Mar 03 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ello . i got a S reg 1.4 16v sport and ive been offerd a 1.6 16v engine out of a V reg tigra. he has everything bar the loom. so is the 1.4 16v corsa loom same as a 1.6 16v tigra?

thx in advance

ps any1 know if the 1.4 drive shafts will fit into the 1.6 box?

[Edited on 11-03-2003 by SportyBoy]
rodders16v

11th Mar 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my 1.2 8v driveshafts were the same as the 1.4 16v 1s 4 my conversion. as 4the loom i would say it would b the same as there near enough the same engine wud just prob hav2 change ecu. but find out bout that 1
BeArDy

11th Mar 03 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it has no loom it will have no imoberliser key thing, and if it hasnet got that its not worth a piss in a pot, as u will never never get it started
jjcymru

11th Mar 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

goto http://www.atpelectronics.demon.co.uk

buy a blank ecu, use your loom and youll have no immobiliser to prevent your car starting, yes 1.4 shafts will fit the 1.6 box.
miles

12th Mar 03 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a corsa gsi engine loom and ecu with no immoliser. It also has no egr so you can bin all that! I've got the air flow meter you would also need, because the gsi uses the afm rather than the MAP sensor. email me milesearl@aol.co.uk if your interested.
d0gz_bollox

12th Mar 03 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stick it on carbs then you wont need the ECU.
miles

12th Mar 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll still need something to control the ignition. I explored this route when mine went tits up, could end up costing much much more!

New Poll