corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Claiming for pot hole damage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Claiming for pot hole damage
baza31

User status: Offline
29th Dec 07 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, about six months ago i was driving down the road when i hit a pot hole which was about a metre square and about 20cm deep as you can imagine my 18" masitaly vt7 didnt like this and decided to snap, ripping my new toyo proxie . Anyhow due to these wheels now been rare and not been produced anymore i have 3 wheels and a scrap piece of aluminium sat in my garage. I wrote to council with pictures telling them what happened but this morning i get a letter saying they aint going to pay because leeds council havent been negligent in thier duty to maintain and repair? they said it was due to previous flooding which had occured?- this is bollocks also as its on a steep hill.

they said a repair could not have been administered due to the amount of floor water that had restricted the repair from been carried out.

surly they should put a barrier around the hole ?
also what do the laws state on keeping roads intact?

can anyone help me out as i need to get a letter back asap
Phil W

29th Dec 07 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate claimed for a damaged wheel after going over a ptohole once.... took him months and months to get any kind of pay out.
BarnshaW

29th Dec 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seek legal advice mate
MatthewR

29th Dec 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can be assed to keep pressing for it then do it - i wouldn't bother if it were me....they will just keep palming you off....ever see Shawshank Redemption?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

29th Dec 07 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it up in a civil court, will cost you about £50 to do so. (plus legal costs if you choose to take on legal help) speak to a soilicitir or lawyer and get advice from there.
JadeM
Premium Member

29th Dec 07 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to local council office for a claims form, you'll need photo evidence of the hole & the damage it caused. Accurate invoice for the repairs, also must retain any burst parts incase they want to inspect them. I claimed £100 for a burst tyre once & they paid out £75.....................8 months later!!

Colin btw......

[Edited on 29-12-2007 by JadeM]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Claiming for pot hole damage 23 database queries in 0.0102508 seconds