corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Apex 60/90 Kit. Which dampers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apex 60/90 Kit. Which dampers
davstar

User status: Offline
4th Jan 08 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi my Corsa sport came armed with some silly low springs. I do like the stance of the vehicle but it ain't practical. I have been considering just ditching the springs for some Eibach -30mm's and be done with it. However, I was wondering if I stuck with what I have would some fixed rate Bilsteins be ok. The car feels like it is riding the bump stops at the back and ride is quite crashy. I like how it is sat but want a bit of comfort back.

Can anyone recommend any decent dampers or is my idea of ditching them for Eibachs a better one long term. Car only gets road use really, not track!

Thanks
Dean_W

4th Jan 08 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bilstein are the bollocks imo.
davstar

4th Jan 08 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I have used them before, just not on springs so short in height. I need to pull the code off them to find what kit it is, but it clearly says 60/90 so assuming a 60mm front drop and a 90mm rear..........which looks smart granted, but ain't practical.

I just wanted to know if anyone has experience of fixed rate dampers on these heights, as I will just buy the dampers and get my Eibachs long term. The shocks (bar one) have now done 85K miles so it is worth changing them any way.

If anyone has comparison over fixed rate and adjustable dampening ones that would also be cool. I just want the ride to be a little less crashy is all.
scottyp1989

4th Jan 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had fixed rate on mine wasnt comfy really bounced alot aswell, an really try to miss potholes lol
davstar

4th Jan 08 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do Bilstein do an adjustable damper? If not are the Spax ones any good as I will use them. I don't want to spank mega money on it, but at the same time I don't want it running standard gear as it is pants to be honest. Just like the look of it now without the wheel bearings/CV Joints and shockers being chewn up!!!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Jan 08 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
best road kits available and we sell LOADS of them, never had a bad word said about them, also just ordered some for my bros corsa.

Bilstein B10 kit: -50mm front and rear
Bilstein B12 kit: -30mm front and rear

b12 is the better kit, both come with eibach or H&R springs as standard! both very comfy on the road, no bangs or crashes even over potholes.
davstar

4th Jan 08 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much are the kits? I might just slap some standard springs back on mine to prolong the shockers and just go the whole hog. I was going to just look at Eibach and billies anyway as I have had those on GTE's and the like in the past.
Dave A

4th Jan 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

b10 is £320 delivered.
davstar

4th Jan 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the B12? Which is what I would be more interested in to be honest.

Also I have just checked on Apex's website and the springs I have appear to be 60mm lowered at the rear and 40mm at the front. It does say specifically use with shortened shockers. I have standards fitted! So, I guess some bilstein dampers are in order for now and I'll pop some Eibachs on maybe long term.
Dave A

4th Jan 08 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the b12's come with eibachs anyway and buying a complete kit is cheaper than buying the dampers seperately.
davstar

5th Jan 08 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK how much is the B12 kit? You gave me a price for the B10 one which will be too low for my liking any how.

New Poll