corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra Sport Hatch VXR Nurburgring Edition

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra Sport Hatch VXR Nurburgring Edition
AndyKent

User status: Offline
9th Jan 08 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure I saw a lorry load of white Astras the other day - were definately cars (not Astra-vans) before anyone asks. No idea where they were going, driver looked very lost

Don't think they were these though, had normal silver wheels. Odd.....
J100RSA

9th Jan 08 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been looking at these my self and my local vaux dealer didnt know much about it all i know is that they are 21,995 they come with full remus exhuast with pre decat full leather with white spots and ids2 as standard
MatG

9th Jan 08 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too much money and totally a profit making exercise.

You could buy a second hand astra VXR with a fe wmile son the clock and make it a lot more special than that is.... you could even spray it white! and have some change!
Jill
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
He n ot wanting the RS then?

alas it seems not, despite my best efforts to convince him it is the way forward He loves the RS though, always has. And he was really pleased when I got mine. I've registered his details with Aylesbury Ford though so they can send him details about the new RS- did it when I did mine and yours Naughty Jill

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
I hope to god these aren't hugely more expensive?

Taken from the Vauxhall website:
-Astra VXR (from) £19,420 otr
-Astra VXR Nurburgring ed (from) £20,995

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J100RSA
been looking at these my self and my local vaux dealer didnt know much about it all i know is that they are 21,995 they come with full remus exhuast with pre decat full leather with white spots and ids2 as standard

Taken again from the Vauxhall site:

Key features:
-Lightweight White 18-inch 18-spoke Alloy Wheels
-Dunlop Performance Tyres
-Exclusive Leather Recaro seats with Nurburgring Circuit embossed into the headrest
-Carbon Fibre effect- Interior Trim
-Carbon Fibre effect - Nurburgring Edition Side-sill covers
-Carbon Fibre effect B Pillar covers with Nurburgring circuit graphic
-Carbon Fibre effect - Exterior mirror covers
-Dark Tinted rear glass
-Chequered Flag body graphics
-Remus Stainless Steel Sports exhaust
-Individually numbered plaque

JILL
Superlite Ltd.

10th Jan 08 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They pop fire balls at the rev limit, so i hear
Daimo B

10th Jan 08 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Either way, missed opportunity to go bonkers. There are enough people out there spending grands modding them that a proper factory upgrade would have gone down well.

Exactly.

They could have bunged the 4 pots, suspension, exhaust, alloys, seats etc all in, maybe £20k. I think it would attract much a much better audience as its more enthusiast related. And also put it "on par" with its competitors (Megan etc).

Rob, it looks nothing like carbon on the inside. It has a similar pattern, but its a gloss finish and looks totally different.

[Edited on 10-01-2008 by VXR]
Daimo B

10th Jan 08 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Think its a CAT back exhaust as its the £800 option one. The Pre CAT back ones are £1500.

Should free up about 10-15bhp.

IDS/IDS2 is more suited for the smooth european roads and not the bumpy pothole B road we have. Was discussed on the VXR forums and it seemed the general opinion from those that had the option, that it was a waste of money on UK roads.

If your just tracking it though, I can see it helping a little.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a bit like the astra 888's i know they did have brake upgrades n stuff but essentially it wasnt any faster than a normal astra turbo, the reason i take it more seriously though is because it at leasts has a name that means something.

[Edited on 10-01-2008 by Steve]
Daimo B

10th Jan 08 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But the 888 is MUCH faster than any other derv models.

Its also a 150mph astra that still does 40mpg.

tbh, I prefer the VXR styling, but if the 888 had come out when we got ours, we'd have got the 888. Its much better financially.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah i mean the old astra coupe 888's
deano87

10th Jan 08 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Astra 888 St8alth is nice
gianluigi

10th Jan 08 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Think its a CAT back exhaust as its the £800 option one. The Pre CAT back ones are £1500.

Should free up about 10-15bhp.

Isn't the exhaust that comes with it is a FULL Remus System, turbo down pipe, Sports CAT & CAT back system? £850 quid from VXRPC??
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

luigi if you're going to copy and paste olivers comments at least sort it out so you're not speaking in 3rd person

[Edited on 10-01-2008 by Steve]
gianluigi

10th Jan 08 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What
Daimo B

10th Jan 08 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi

Isn't the exhaust that comes with it is a FULL Remus System, turbo down pipe, Sports CAT & CAT back system? £850 quid from VXRPC??

Nope, CAT back system is £850.
Full system is £1500. Sorry was wrong above, the £1500 sytem is the one thaat includes the 400 cell sports CAT and removes the pre cat also (its got 2 CATs on it, one straight after the turbo, and one under the car).
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
If they do a Corsa I'll probably buy it then put it back to standard VXR just so it's the right colour

Thats what I'm hoping they do too, couldn't justify sending a brand new VXR to be sprayed the white

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Robbo

10th Jan 08 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
He n ot wanting the RS then?

alas it seems not, despite my best efforts to convince him it is the way forward He loves the RS though, always has. And he was really pleased when I got mine. I've registered his details with Aylesbury Ford though so they can send him details about the new RS- did it when I did mine and yours Naughty Jill

JILL
Mazin

You laugh but I might actually be interested in the new RS price dependant
Jill
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

holy moly stop the press, I think I need to sit down through the shock

JILL
Robbo

10th Jan 08 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Price dependant, but it could be a goer!
Jill
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Price dependant. Come on Robinho, you're the accountant, I know you can make those figures work!!

JILL
Robbo

10th Jan 08 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I am qualified now...
mwg

10th Jan 08 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An 888 in white looks better

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra Sport Hatch VXR Nurburgring Edition 24 database queries in 0.1942761 seconds