corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help!
Huwsi

User status: Offline
21st Jan 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates car was damaged in accident rescently by being crashed into a kerb, damge being a buckled alloy on the rear (offside) and a dodgy alloy in the front (near side). It was taken to a garage today because the tracking was way to the left and handling was very skitish i.e; the rear wanted to go a different way to the front.

The garage replaced the ball joint and arm on the off side front and tracking was set right. after this the steering was much better and it seemed ok untaill a few miles down the road ona a dual carriage way.
the car seemed very unstable and had to be kept at 40mph to be safe.

What could cause this, along with a whining noise and the steering wheel not in the correct position ( slightly turned left instead of normal)?

BTW all alloys will be replaced.

All help needed
Simon_16v

21st Jan 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well steering wheel not being straight will be down to either not tracked up with steering wheel straight or somethings bent
ali_corsa

21st Jan 08 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whining noise, wheel bearing gone if its that it will get louder the faster you go
Huwsi

21st Jan 08 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update;

Rear beam is bent and i'm sure the wheel bearing could well have gone.

saying that, he was one lucky dude

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help! 24 database queries in 0.3590851 seconds