corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym day: Anyone help me with a bit of a training advice?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym day: Anyone help me with a bit of a training advice?
Jay

User status: Offline
24th Jan 08 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been going the gym for about 2 months now and im not shifting no weight at all, ive got a mad build imo, ive got no fat on my legs, arms or face but I have on my stomach/waist and chest and im struggling to shift it, always staying the same, I just basically do what I want in the gym havent got a plan set out and its not working it seems.

At home i've got a bench and free weights which is working for me as im noticing muscle definition on my arms and can feel it on my chest underneath the man boobs , but would still like help with sorting out a schedule of what muscles to work on so its more effective.

Also i'm the worst fussy eater and seriously struggling with what food to eat. I dont like hardley anything!

Thanks

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by JayM]
Conway563

24th Jan 08 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sports Day
Jay

24th Jan 08 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats more for football

Edit: Thanks for moving it whoever it was

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by JayM]
csweatherston

24th Jan 08 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cardio + a good diet
Jay

24th Jan 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By cardio do you mean, Treadmill, Bike, Elliptical Trainer.

Thats what im struggling with though the good diet. Ive stopped eating proper fatty foods like pizzas and burgers and that but dont know what to eat now.
Mather.16v

24th Jan 08 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM
By cardio do you mean, Treadmill, Bike, Elliptical Trainer.

Thats what im struggling with though the good diet. Ive stopped eating proper fatty foods like pizzas and burgers and that but dont know what to eat now.

yes get as much cardio in as possible, try doing some swimming and jogging aswell
Jay

25th Jan 08 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought myself a bike (not an exersice bike a proper one) and have been using that a bit, granted I could use it a bit more like. Been doing about 5 minute walk into a 5 minute medium paced run/quick jog then a 5 minute fast paced run, 8-10 minutes if I can be bothered, then slow down gradually after that. I usually feel like I can run for ages though but not sure how long I should be aiming for without knackering myself to do anything else.

Havent had a swim for a few weeks, with it being just a lifestyles gym the pools usually full of kids and cant get a good swim in, thinking of joining a different one though now I know im abit more serious about it and sticking to it.
csweatherston

25th Jan 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats you diet concist of at the moment...

personally, i would just try ating low carb foods..and get some form of carb blocker.
or natural slimming agent.

along with a good cardio regeme and resistance exercises.
Jay

25th Jan 08 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just usually eat shite to be honest, but havent been eating much latley rather than eat fatty foods and its showing in the gym cause ive hardley got any energy and stamina. Ive just joined a proper gym today and they are doing health checks on me etc and putting a training program together for me so hopefully that will help. Just got to work on a diet. Il look into low carb foods

Thanks.
RioVerde

25th Jan 08 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i train in karate and i eat a good diet i eat salads and plenty of fruit and veg,also pasta and jacket potatoes for carbs,and rice sometimes.Don't eat too much bread as high in sugar and salt,eat weetabix or museli with raisins for breakfast and a glass of orange juice,chicken salad for dinner,and jacket potatoes with all different things like chilli,baked beans and cheese with salad etc,avoid chocolate crisps and all that crap also avoid fizzy pop which is high in sugar,i drink water and tea which is good,also you need meat for proteins chicken is best as red meats arent too good for you,you need calcium from foods such as cheese (not too much) milk and yoghurts etc
hope that has helped
also i eat quite a few stirfrys which are healthy and very tastey!!
Jay

27th Jan 08 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice!
smack

27th Jan 08 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should do some rope work(skipping) and do some swimming
Rebecca

27th Jan 08 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swimming is good but like they all said cardio is best and watching what you eat.

I've noticed a difference in my stomach already. I also go to an abs class that seems to help loads. Its basically doing loads of crunches and stuff.
Jay

27th Jan 08 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing with crunches though Bex is I get bad lower back pains when I do them, dont know what it is though.
Rebecca

27th Jan 08 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you do with your hands when you do them? Do you do them on a hard floor or anything?
Jay

28th Jan 08 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got shown in the gym to put my hands by my stomach, by my head, or hold them out above my head to make it harder. Nope tried doing them on a rug or one of them foam gym mats. Its more a prob with my back than anything.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym day: Anyone help me with a bit of a training advice? 24 database queries in 0.0136030 seconds