corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Digital photography courses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Digital photography courses
C2RL R

User status: Offline
29th Jan 08 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anybody taken any digital photography courses that they would reccomend? i'm taking up some more new hobbies this year in an attempt to get out of the rut that i feel i'm stuck in at the moment. i have no idea about photograpy at all so i need a basic introductory course really.

also, does anybody have a cannon eos 350d slr camera? bloke at work is upgrading to a 400d and is selling his 350. just want to know if its a good camera for a beginer or if its too techy for learning on.
Leighton

29th Jan 08 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a good camera abit old now but still good, my friend has a 300D and is still happy with it. I have the 40D and its really nice.
The 400D is not much or a upgrade from the 350D though he should be looking at the 30D or 40D for a upgrade.
C2RL R

29th Jan 08 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just asked him mate, its the 450d he's getting. my mistake. dont even think its out yet.

what would you reccomend for a beginner mate? not wanting to spend £1000's because it'll just be for a hobby not work.
Leighton

29th Jan 08 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep the 450D is on pre order at the min.
The 350 is a good beginners camera you can get it brand new with a lense for around the £320 mark.
The body you use is not a important as the lenses though. thats were you need to spend more money.
They also have a sposed life on the sutter of about 50,000 pictures but they do last alot longer than that so there should be no problems with getting it off your boss just make sure its in good nick and there is nothing wrong with the pictures that it takes, will be a good first camera
Hoddo

29th Jan 08 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 350d the only dif to the 400d is that the 350d is 8mp and 400d 10mp.

I love my 350d here are some of my snaps.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhodson/

im pretty new to using SLR's
C2RL R

29th Jan 08 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leighton, cheers for that mate. i might go for a brand new slr rather than buying his off him. i'm a sucker for getting brand new stuff.

hoddo, some good pics there mate. especially like the long exposure shots. they are very cool.

is it easy enough to teach yourself about photography then? might not bother with a course if its not needed. i'm i pretty quick learner and i reckon half the fun is in the trying.

[Edited on 29-01-2008 by C2RL R]
Leighton

29th Jan 08 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would just get one and play about with it. thats what i did and your only in manchester so not to far away.
just read a fiew things about apature and shutter speed and you will be able to play about with the settings and get what you want out of it
JonnyJ

29th Jan 08 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same wouldn't bother with a course. Just mess about, trail and error. Thats what i did
C2RL R

29th Jan 08 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right cheers lads.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Digital photography courses 24 database queries in 0.0121269 seconds