corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test drives and insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Test drives and insurance
gooner_47

User status: Offline
15th Feb 08 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When selling, who here actually makes sure the potential buyer is insured on your car when they take it for a test drive?

..I know it's a pain in the arse, but I started wondering if anyone had any bad experiences before - i.e. the person test driving crashed your car and weren't insured!
_Allan_

15th Feb 08 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wondering about this the other day. How do you ensure that you have insurance for a test drive?. Do you ring your current insurer and arrange 1 day insurance or take out a day policy?. I've never done it before.
Matt L

15th Feb 08 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they are over 21 its normally theres but its only 3rd party i think not too sure at all though.
pow
Premium Member

15th Feb 08 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your insurance certificate will say if you are insured to drive anu other car 3rd party.

Mine does

Garages have their own insurance
Ricky352

15th Feb 08 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold an A4 there 2 days ago and when people came to me for a test drive i basically made sure that they had told me they had insurance, just so I could say i had asked if anything did happen.
Matt L

15th Feb 08 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id personally ask them for say the certificate just to prove it tbh. as they could just say yeh they have.
_Allan_

15th Feb 08 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Your insurance certificate will say if you are insured to drive anu other car 3rd party.

Mine does

Garages have their own insurance

Yeah but if they wrap your car up then the car itself is not covered. Is that when you say thanks for the cash, you break you buy ?
p4uls corsa

15th Feb 08 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to have a trade policy which allowed me to let people test drive cars aslong as i was in the car with them .

remember if there not insured and get pulled your car can be towed away and you face the recovery costs
Doug

15th Feb 08 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they cannot produce proof of insurance or the full amount of cash that I leave locked in the house while we are out then I just drive the car for them.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test drives and insurance 23 database queries in 0.0095711 seconds