corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C16XE Cutting out when slowing down and applying clutch HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C16XE Cutting out when slowing down and applying clutch HELP
Nova C16xe

User status: Offline
   19th Feb 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My borther has a nova with a c16xe engine fitted, ever since the engine has been in the car it has had this proplem. After driving the car for aroung 10 minutes normally as you pull up to stop and engage the clutch the revs will die off and eventally stall.

I have found out that it is properbly the speedo cable as i have a digi dash fitted, but when i brought the engine it had a cable type speedo in the box and no orginal transducer there (i didnt have the old cable to look at and have never seen a corsa c16xe speedo cable as im new to this conversion) and there is no spare connextions left apart from a red 2 pin connextion which i have been told is for the tank vent valve. So im just wondering if anyone can explain the whole c16xe speedo cable and transducer that stops the engine from stalling theory. Pictures would be a great help if anyone could get any

Please help its driving me up the WALL!!!
luke85

19th Feb 08 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since youve fitted a digi dash the ECU isnt getting the vehicle speed signal any more and this is the result, have you got an Engine management light on the digi dash?

You need to find the signal wire for the digi dash thats feeding it the speed signal and connect it to the speed signal wire to the ECU. You can find the ECU's speed signal wire where the original clocks were or you can trace it to the drivers footwell. I believe its blue with a red stripe but if you have a haynes manual you can tell from that. If your struggling Ill look it up when I get home, just let me know
davec495

19th Feb 08 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have these engines got a idel control valve or sensor sounds just like wot av herd of but normaly on vectras lol probs not much help
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th Feb 08 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ICV is directly controlled by the ecu based on the VSS signal.

New Poll