corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » people with 1.2 8v's standard & modded (essay warning)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author people with 1.2 8v's standard & modded (essay warning)
Kurt

User status: Offline
7th Mar 08 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put 40 quid in (about 37 litres) and did 220 miles =| .. mainly motorway too!

but my car is overfuelling.. alot! i changed the inlet manifold, tb and injector and never got round to doing the camshaft

[Edited on 07-03-2008 by Kurt]
foxyk8t

7th Mar 08 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey people my one is doing around 70miles to a tenner sometimes a little bit less depends on how hard i drive it! It's got 16's on and air filter i just guessed it was down to my driving, the fact i drive with my foot to the floor and the rise in petrol prices dosn't help
Mark.W

7th Mar 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by foxyk8t
Hey people my one is doing around 70miles to a tenner sometimes a little bit less depends on how hard i drive it! It's got 16's on and air filter i just guessed it was down to my driving, the fact i drive with my foot to the floor and the rise in petrol prices dosn't help

70 miles to a tenna sounds about right.

my car is at the garage now but iv got a feeling they wont be able to find anything wrong,im doing what rio verde says just jumping in a go and hopefully it helps but if it doesnt im seriously considering putting her back to standard

when i dropped my car off the guy says if i took those stupid big wheels & exhaust off my car will be fine
foxyk8t

7th Mar 08 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a stainless steel exhaust on mine i was told if i took that off it may be a bit better fuel consumption wise as i'm losing a bit of back pressure or something along those lines.
Garages really annoy me i hate smartarses and their comments
Mark.W

7th Mar 08 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok iv been and picked my car back up and couldnt find a thing they say is running 100% perfect,also had an emmissions test and flew through that aswell so the guy says it could only be down to you 16"wheels because a step up of 3" in wheel size is quite a bit because my cars engine was designed and built to run on 13" wheels not 16"and also means my speedo will be out and incorrect.

so he told me to put my standard wheels back on and do the 100mile petrol brimming thing again but with my steelies to see if theres if i get better mpg.

i hate steelies

[Edited on 07-03-2008 by wooly101uk]
richc

7th Mar 08 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
ok iv been and picked my car back up and couldnt find a thing they say is running 100% perfect,also had an emmissions test and flew through that aswell so the guy says it could only be down to you 16"wheels because a step up of 3" in wheel size is quite a bit because my cars engine was designed and built to run on 13" wheels not 16"and also means my speedo will be out and incorrect.

so he told me to put my standard wheels back on and do the 100mile petrol brimming thing again but with my steelies to see if theres if i get better mpg.

i hate steelies

[Edited on 07-03-2008 by wooly101uk]

I bet you want see much more! Just keep your rims on and dont let it tick over!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » people with 1.2 8v's standard & modded (essay warning) 23 database queries in 0.0104010 seconds