corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how do you get the steering wheel off?????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how do you get the steering wheel off?????
Mobby

User status: Offline
   8th Mar 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a steering wheel and boss, and i went to fit it and the steering wheel wouldnt budge, i took the 1 nut off thats behind the cap/horn, (mines has no powersteering) and it would budge, i oild it abit and it still wouldnt move?
Richie B

8th Mar 08 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same problem for me. Do a search or look a the related threads below, as there's been a lot on this topic. Basically I think it involved leaving the nut on a thread and pulling like hell. Or buying a centre pull.
Mobby

8th Mar 08 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lool didnt really get any help from there, lool, mines a standard one, how much would it take to break anything by pulling
SXI - Matt

8th Mar 08 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lazer steering wheel pulls are £19.99 i had the same stearing wheel you had when i bought my corsa and wanted to change it to a more modern one off of a newr corsa (99 reg) the one with the air bag in the middle, to get the new one off when i found one at the scrap yard i undone the nut and took off the washer behind put the nut back on a few threads and used brute force to get it off just pull outwards really hard and keep moving around the steering wheel it worked for me took a while though, same works with your steering wheel dont think you wuld break / bend any think just dont use a bar or any think, i used a rubber hammer to and hit the centre were the nut attaches to try and loosen it abit with the shock of the impact dunno if it actualy help but meah

[Edited on 08-03-2008 by SXI - Matt]

[Edited on 08-03-2008 by SXI - Matt]
Mobby

8th Mar 08 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks lads, im gonna go have anouther go!! cheers for the tips matt, and the pulls last resort lool, got the steering wheel and boss for free anyway
Mobby

8th Mar 08 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lool ok iv got it off lol but iv got anouther question!
are steering wheel boss's universal? or isit possible for me to have one to small
tom-corsa

8th Mar 08 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There not universal, you have to have the right one for your car

SXI - Matt

8th Mar 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There not universal you need to have the right one for your car, dont tell me you've got it off finaly and the new one dont fit
Mobby

8th Mar 08 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats whats happend lool, its easy once you free it up, i had my foot on the steerin g wheel to keep the srping down whilst doin the nut up lol
SXI - Matt

8th Mar 08 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i had that problem to when fitting my new one had my mate holding it down while i put the washer and nut back on least if you take it off again it'l be easier

New Poll