corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa SRi 1994 £700 *Detailed pictures added*

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa SRi 1994 £700 *Detailed pictures added*
Graham88

User status: Offline
24th Mar 08 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is my Corsa for sale, which I've owned since April last year and loved every minute of it.

Reason for sale is that I now do 800+ miles for work each week, so I've started to care more about soft ride & comfort than crisp handling & fun cornering.

Specification of the car is:

Corsa 1.4 Sri
Tax is due end of June
MOT runs out on 18th June
4 brand new tyres (Done about 100 miles!)
Full alarm system
Electric Windows
Remote Central Locking
Manual Sunroof
Just had a brand new windscreen put in
Rear drums were serviced by myself in November with new pads
Front brake pads were changed along with 2.0l brakes in July last year, still got life in them and stop really well.
Rear wheel bearings changed by myself in November '07.
Air filter changed in January '08
114k on the shell
83k on the engine

Modifications are as follows:

Astra CDX wheels resprayed in white with 4 new tyres 195/45/15. These don't rub AT ALL even with 5 people in it.
It has had sufficient arch work to prevent this.
Spax RSX coilovers, lowered 60mm.
Magnex back box (sounds nice and not stupidly loud like some exhausts)
Depo Headlights
Smoked side indicators
De-locked Vectra Handles
'SRi' sill covers
Semi colour coded Post 97 front bumper
Semi colour coded Pre 97 rear bumper
SRi Spoiler
Punto Rear Wiper
Steinmetz Grill
Vauxhall Mudflaps
Colour coded boot lock surround
Stubby Arial
Colour coded wing mirrors
2.0l brakes with life in the pads
Hydraulic bonnet lifters
Lockwood white dials

And now onto the bad parts, I'll be truthful as I can (I may forget small minor things):

The main problem is the engine, I've recently put a new engine in as the old one gave up the ghost. The only bit I changed was the main engine itself, all the ancillaries are the same. It runs, but cuts out after around 15 minutes of driving, will idle for longer though. Here's a video of it running:

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/GrahamVFR/Corsa/?action=view&current=Video-0011.flv

As you can see perfectly driveable, just that small fault of it cutting out. Somebody with more experience in mechanics will know more with what they're dealing with than an amateur like myself!

Rust has hit the shell in a few places (common on a few Corsa's I've seen).
There's rust down by where the doors open, behind the arch, it's been touched up but it's there. Halfway along the sill just underneath it's starting to come up also.
The bootlid has been hit bad by rust, I have started to prepare it to change it with another white one I have, but I haven't finished. It's ready just to be taken off and the new one put on, but I never got around to it.

(Steelie is only temporary as I have just resprayed the wheels so hadn't put them on at the time of photo)

The front bumper is scuffed in a few places, around the tow bar, on the left hand side where I mis judged driving it into my garage, oops! Another small scuff of paint next to the numberplate. All these can be easily solved if it were to be resprayed, none of it has cracked the plastic or anything.

Couple of small dents, but they're been there since I bought the car. One in the wing and a couple just above the drivers side door.

It's a 13 year old car so it won't be perfect!

Can't really think of much else. I think with the list of mods it has would be good for somebody to buy and fix up as a cheap little project, it's a very nice car to drive, and handles like an absolute dream. Had alot of impressed people and smiles on faces from passengers!

Here is a few pictures I've taken of it:

Freshly sprayed wheels:

De-locked handles:

Clocks:

Randoms:

DETAILED PICTURES AS REQUESTED

Tyre tread on 2 tyres, other 2 are the same, as you can see, plenty left:

Fresh wheels:

Rust on the bootlid:

Scratch on NS rear quarter:

Somebody got a bit happy with the T-cut and rubbed down through the paint:

Scuff on LH side of bumper:

Scuff on the bottom:

Had an argument with the garage and lost, I have new plates that the buyer can have to replace the cracked plate:

Towing eye and a few scuffs around it:

Rust by door on OS:

Halfway along the sill on OS:

Just needs a new arch or the clip repairing:

Passenger side door, people's zips...

Halfway along sill on NS:

Touched up rust by door on NS:

Crack in B pillar, common Corsa problem:

It might look like a damp patch but I can assure you it's stone dry, always been like this since I've owned it:

Only real imperfection in the interior, this is on the drivers seat:

Crack in pillar on OS:

Spoiler is included in sale:

Paint rubbed off because of bee sting ariel:

Electrics dismantled ready for the boot to be changed for a rust free boot:

Tried to get a picture of a small dent in the bonnet, not easy:

Bonnet lifters:

Grill is broken at the mountings, still sits in position, only when you lift the bonnet you can see it, been broken for months so from previous pictures you can see it still sits fine:

It'll come with a spare steelie, with good tread.

I can also throw this in the for new owner if they want it, it's the bootlid I was going to put on it. It's rust free, but not mint. I was going to get it sprayed on the car.

I have a sound system currently wired in, for an extra £200 I'll leave it in, otherwise I'll take it out.

It consists of a Pioneer Headunit (MP3, Aux for iPod, CD, Radio, very good headunit and got good ratings, not your average Ripspeed rubbish)
Mac Audio Amp
2 12" Fusion subs in 1 box (£200 to buy alone)

Certainly gets the head pumping if you turn it up enough!

Given the list of mods, but also taking into consideration the fault with the engine, I'd take £700 as it is.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, viewing is welcome. Thanks for looking.

[Edited on 19-03-2008 by Graham88]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa SRi 1994 £700 *Detailed pictures added* 25 database queries in 0.0131071 seconds