corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Play TV Sound through HIFI speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Play TV Sound through HIFI speakers
dannymccann

User status: Offline
24th Mar 08 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My GF just got a LCD telly with a load of ports on the back and side (on the back, PC inputs for A / V, YbPpR, Audio in L/R and aerial and on the side R/W/Y)

The stereo plays DVD's too but we dont want it for that, on the back of the stereo it has Yellow for video audio red and white and black for a subwoofer AFAIR.

Ive got a Red/White audio cable and have connected the back of the stereo to the back of the telly and to the side and it refuses to play through the stereo speakers. Just wondering if its actually possible? I have been through the TV menu and there is nothing on there to suggest changing the audio output.

Thanks
mazdaspeed

24th Mar 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some TVs will output through one of the AV sockets. On mine I have AV2 set to output 'Monitor' so anything on TV gets output through the scart AV2.
Munchie

24th Mar 08 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you tried PC speakers mate?

http://www.ebuyer.com/search/?page=1&sortfilter=ascend&limit=10&intStoreID=4&intCatID=98

plug straight into your headphone jack

I have 2.1 for my brothers room and also our small lounge!
dannymccann

24th Mar 08 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, I have a jack that splits into red and white RCA's (so can plug 2 RCA's into it which turns it into a mic jack) this might work, didnt think of this....

New Poll