corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need advice - Insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need advice - Insurance
Calum

User status: Offline
28th Mar 08 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate ran into the back of someone at a roundabout in December last year.

Very little visible damage to either cars so both parties swapped details and it was suggested at the time by my mate that they should not go through insurance if the damage was minimal.

She’s been contacted today by the guys insurance saying he is wanting to make a claim of £450 to fix the damage to his car.

Firstly the guys insurance thought she was insured through Saga (actually direct line)

Then after her giving him her Reg, he thought the car was a Vauxhall (actually a Clio)

Then when she said, 'no its a Clio', he thought it was spelt 'Cleo'

Anywayz, I just thought this sounded a bit odd.
It seems now that she is going to have to go through insurance, because the guys making a claim.

Can she get her car fixed as well because she's fully comp, or is she going to get shafted for not informing her insurance of the accident.

Also is there a time limit to make a claim, because I imagine it’s possible that the guy could have had another bang, but it blaming it on her??

--------------------------
Summary,

Mate ran into the back of someone at a roundabout in Dec 2007

Contacted by his insurance today (3 months down the line)

Other parties insurance seeming fairly incompetent.

Is she going to get shafted for not informing her insurance, and can she get her car fixed at the same time.

--------------

Any advice would be great, sorry for the essay.
Colin

28th Mar 08 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

450 sounds right for a proper garage to repair a damaged bumper.

Mine was hit a few weeks ago, looked like scratches at the time, very minor - £490 to repair it.

Needs, resprayed, new No Plate, Crash bar, No Plate lights, bumper insert, paint & time spent repairing bumper! Fair bit of work actually.

Yes she can claim for hers aswell, just say it happened a while ago & you were going to sort ouside of ins, but the repair cost has made you change your mind!
Calum

28th Mar 08 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye suppose it adds up doesn't it!

Good to hear she can get her's repaired too, makes it not seem so bad.

Cheers for the reply
doely_gti

28th Mar 08 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work in insurance, 99% sure ALL claims must be made within 28 days mate
Calum

28th Mar 08 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats interesting!

I'm not sure whether the other party had notified the insurance in December and is caliming now, or whether this is their first contact with the insurance.
My friend didn't say. Will ask her tomorrow.

Would that make a difference if the other party had notified the insurance 3 months ago and are making the claim now?

Thanks

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need advice - Insurance 23 database queries in 0.0109560 seconds