corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Immaculate Corsa Sport

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Immaculate Corsa Sport
davey_jack

User status: Offline
   7th Apr 08 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/449173.htm
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170208692469
*relisted due to time waster*

Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 16 valve SRI. It has about 8 months MOT & tax and lots of history. It has electric windows, electric mirrors and a sunroof.
The car has had over £6000 spent on it since I bought it in November 2005.

The spec is as follows:

Engine:
Full engine rebuild by B.D.S engineering in Edenbridge, Kent
consisting of:
All cylinders rebored & rehoned, four brand new pistons, all 16 valves reground,16 brand new tappets and hydraulic lifters, crank journals reground and polished, new shells and mains, cylinder head skimmed, lightened and balanced crank and con rods, all studs, bolts, nuts, belts and gaskets replaced.
The engine has only every been run with fully synthetic oil, and has had oil and filter changes every 2500-3000 miles and has only done 12,000 miles since being rebuilt.
The throttle body has been polished and 'knife edged' to assist airflow. It also had a brand new inlet manifold when it was rebuilt, the upper section has been polished and chromed along with the rocker cover that has a carbon fibre spark plug cover.
The engine has a PRO-TEC 4 into 1 stainless steel exhaust manifold, an almost brand new stainless steel catalytic converter (decat also supplied), a Remus racing stainless steel straight through centre pipe and a stainless steel Scorpion monza back box.

The engine was also treated to a brand new radiator with samco silicone hoses and a bailey motorsport polished alloy header tank. The engine was also fitted with a brand new thermostat and housing.
The engine's injectors have been ultrasonically cleaned and flow tested (by a reputable firm) and all of them perform excellently.
The car is fitted with a GM 'GO' maintenance free battery that has never let me down once and never needs water.
The engine runs very smooth with no knocks or taps and produces plenty of power and torque throughout the rev range.

Suspension & Brakes
Eibach Pro Line 30mm lowering springs
Irmscher (bilstein) dampers
Brand new top mounts and ALL nuts and bolts for suspension and brakes. The car also had new lower arms and ball joints fitted.
The rear shoes were also replaced around the same time and both handbrake cables were also renewed.
Cavalier GSI callipers with almost new discs and pads, and GOODRIDGE stainless steel braided brake hoses.

Wheels & Tyres
BBS RX 211 7Jx16 inch wheels finished in black chrome, wrapped in Yokohama S drive 195/45/16 tyres. All tyres have plenty of tread and the wheels are TOTALLY unmarked with no embarrassing kerb marks, but unfortunately one of the centre caps has gone missing, but I will supply receipts for the 4 brand new ones I bought less than a year ago that give the part numbers so one can be ordered from Vauxhall. Alternatively, if someone puts a deposit down on the car I can have one ready for when they pick it up.

Bodywork
Full respray in pearlescent arden blue with all door shuts and under bonnet included.
GSi front bumper which has had approximately 10 hours worth of sanding to get it equally as smooth as the panels (standard ones are textured). The bumper was bought brand new along with the grille badge, fog-lights and splitter, which came to over £300.
Steinmetz sideskirts which were also bought brand new and came to approx £200.
Irmscher rear airdam, which was also bought new for over £200.
A brand new bonnet was also fitted when the car was repainted.
All plastics were sanded smooth and painted when the car was resprayed. All door locks removed and operated by remote central locking via Clifford alarm (car has been unused for 4 weeks at a time before and I have never had problems with the battery going flat and being unable to unlock the vehicle).
The boot has been semi smoothed so that it has lost the boot handle, lock and rear wiper, but still retains the numberplate. The boot can be remotely opened by a button on the alarm fob.
The car has FK automotive front headlamps, which have clear lenses and a black housing. It also has very rare and very expensive smoked irmscher rear lights and has been fitted with genuine Vauxhall manufactured clear astra mk4 side repeaters.
It also has chrome door catches, chrome door catch and door lock bolts, chrome bonnet pin and a chrome bonnet retaining spring.
There is NOT a single dent on the bodywork anywhere, but there is however a tiny scuff on the rear bumper which is hardly noticeable. The sideskirts could ideally do with a repaint as they are slightly stone chipped, but that is only if you are a perfectionist like me.

Interior
The car has been fitted with a very nice 'standard' looking steering wheel, made from brushed aluminium with carbon fibre grip inserts and the rim trimmed in black leather.
The car used to have Sparco Milano recliner bucket seats, but these were removed and the car was fitted with some mint condition standard seats. The dash insert and the glovebox handle along with the gear gaitor have been trimmed in charcoal alcantara to match the previously fitted bucket seats, however do not look out of place with the standard ones.
The gear knob has been replaced with a chrome Richbrook one with a nice Vauxhall griffin logo in the centre and a chrome surround on the gaiter.
I will also include a handbrake handle to match but I have not had time to get this to fit properly as of yet.
The rear quarter trim panels are unfortunately missing as the car used to be stripped out in the rear, but I have included the seats for the future buyer.
The plastic trim that covers the ignition barrel is also missing simply because when I bought the car the plastic was broken and I have never got round to fitting a new one. These can be obtained very cheaply and take 2 minutes to fit.

Summary
This car has been built with no expense spared, and the receipts that come with the car are approximately an inch thick and they only account for the 2 years I have owned the car.
This car has covered just over 112,000 miles, but it has had all the above work carried out at 100,000 miles, and the engine is easily capable of covering another 100,000 miles.
In the pictures the car is actually lowered 50mm, but I have found that it is much more practical when lowered 30mm, and I honestly think the Eibach springs and bilstein dampers are the best suspension setup you could have on any corsa being used on public roads. However if the buyer wishes, I will include the 50mm springs in the sale.
I am asking £3000 o.n.o for this car which I think is a very fair price considering you would need to find a corsa in equally good condition before spending close to £7000 to get it to the same spec.
Viewings are welcome and I will gladly take prospective buyers for a drive in the vehicle, but I must insist that I will not allow any boy racers to come and thrash the nuts off it.

When the car was advertised before, it had a couple of things that needed doing, these have now been sorted.
The car has had a new speedo cable fitted along with a new idle control valve and throttle body gasket.
The engine management light used to be permanently on but has now had all the emissions control system put back on so the light stays off.

[Edited on 07-04-2008 by davey_jack]

[Edited on 07-04-2008 by davey_jack]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Immaculate Corsa Sport 25 database queries in 0.0132630 seconds