corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » need a pic of an engine bay

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need a pic of an engine bay
jezza

User status: Offline
16th Apr 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahoy guys, I've just had a new slam panel welded into my write-off but now I need to put everything back in! There's loads of little holes and what not, so I was wondering if anyone could just post up a few pics of their engine, focusing around the slam panel/radiator area if poss so I can remind myself what goes where. Cheers

Mine at present:

jamesvalver

16th Apr 08 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 16-04-2008 by jamesvalver]
FruitBooTeR

16th Apr 08 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much did it cost to get the slam panel mate and how much for fitting it if you dont mind as i may need to replace mine in the near future cheers
jezza

16th Apr 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers James for the pic

FruitBooTeR, the slam panel was an absolute bargain I got on ebay - already painted in arden blue, brand new, £25!

The paint's been marked a bit by the welding/angle grinding, but sanded and primered those bits now and just gona cover it over with a cheap can of arden blue from Halfords.

Paid £125 to have the old slam panel removed, the inner wings straightened, and the new panel welded on all on my driveway by a bloke who works for an accident repair company that my dad got in contact, was all cash in hand.

Has anyone else got any under bonnet pics? Esp ones near the slam panel/radiator area, cheers

[Edited on 16-04-2008 by jezza]
B3KAN

16th Apr 08 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thers pics in my garage Duno if there any use to you
Fro

17th Apr 08 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was with all of this off..

Probably not much help though mate, looks lke you only need to put the rad and fan back on which is pretty simple, the lugs at the bottom of the rad go in those two holes, and then the brackets bolt to the back o the slam panel. be careful with it though as you dont want to damage it.
jezza

17th Apr 08 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers B3KAN and fro.

Fro, when reassembling, did you put the radiator/fan back in before the 2 grey plastic air guides or other way round?

Also, my horn is loose - it attaches to the underside of the slam panel by the looks of it?
Fro

17th Apr 08 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think i put the rad and fan in first mate.

The horn does attach to the slam panel but can't remember exactly how. u2u lil_g he's not far from you and may be willing to bring his car to you so you can see
jezza

17th Apr 08 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers I'll have a look at my bro's if not I might have to do that.

New Poll